...now OSHA is playing games.....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by babj615, Jul 4, 2007.

1. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Anyone else see or know about this?

2. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Sigh. Yeah. I guess if they can't take the guns they'll try to take the ammunition. :(

Happy Independence Day!!!!!!!!!

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

If it's not one thing, it's something else. Anyone else way past being sick of the constant assault on our hobby and our rights? :evil:

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i'll be totally fine with this...

as long as flour mills (completely explosive) fall into the same category. which they probably won't.

and i'm wondering, is this a problem? are workers being injured in ammunition plants?

but don't forget, if this goes through, the ammo companies will just move to mexico.

classic america. regulate ourselves out of jobs. i understand the need for providing a safe working environment. but some of the stipulations don't seem to be real problems/solutions.

5. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

saw it. no surprise.

I handload so I have a big problem with it. what are you going to do with those empties when the loaded ammo is gone? you may not be able to buy new ammo.

remember it was when the British troops went for the public stores of powder the colonist revolted.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I sincerely doubt it - it doesn't seem like things are worth as much to most, anymore. And as gun enthusiasts, we are part of a minority. Of Z Americans, only Y are gun owners. Of Y owners, only X are passionate about their 2A. Of X, only W would be willing to put their necks on the line to defend their rights. Unfortunately, "W" just isn't a substantial enough number to make the difference...

And this is why we all are sitting back and watching the slow degradation of our 2A rights and there isn't a whole lot that can be done to stop it...

8. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

take away convenience and spoil entertainment or remove it and you will see people pretty irrate

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ya, but convenience and entertainment are sacred cornerstones of our society - not like our Constitutional Rights... :roll:

Our priorities are a joke!

10. SELFDEFENSE

True, but if we get an economic disaster that throws life-as-usual into a cocked hat, there is no telling what enough people may do. The problem is that you don't know in which direction things will lurch once the previous order is challenged.

11. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

More on OSHA grab from NRA

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3145

Here's a sample protest letter you can send to http://www.regulations.gov/

SHA Docket Office Docket No. OSHA-2007-0032 U.S. Department of Labor, Room N-2625 200 Constitution Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20210

Re.: Docket No. OSHA-2007-0032 (Explosives—Proposed Rule)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing in strong opposition to OSHA’s proposed rules on “explosives,” which go far beyond regulating true explosives. These proposed rules would impose severe restrictions on the transportation and storage of small arms ammunition—both complete cartridges and handloading components such as black and smokeless powder, primers, and percussion caps. These restrictions go far beyond existing transportation and fire protection regulations.

As a person who uses ammunition and components, I am very concerned that these regulations will have a serious effect on my ability to obtain these products. OSHA’s proposed rules would impose restrictions that very few gun stores, sporting goods stores, or ammunition dealers could comply with. (Prohibiting firearms in stores that sell ammunition, for example, is absurd—but would be required under the proposed rule.)

The proposed transportation regulations would also affect shooters’ ability to buy these components by mail or online, because shipping companies would also have great difficulty complying with the proposed rules.

There is absolutely no evidence of any new safety hazard from storage or transportation of small arms ammunition or components that would justify these new rules. I also understand that organizations with expertise in this field, such as the National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Association, will be submitting detailed comments on this issue. I hope OSHA will listen to these organizations’ comments as the agency develops a final rule on this issue.

Sincerely,

Gun Nut 'R' Us (insert your name here) :mrgreen:

12. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I'll send one out tomorrow as well. I'm not very optimistic about these types of letter or phone call crusades, usually, but it beats the hell out of not doing anything and just letting them trample our 2A...

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

OSHA runs up white flag

Just got this from NRA-ILA:

Score another one for Gun Nuts 'R' Us!

14. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Excellent work gentlemen....

Next round is on me!!!!

:lol:

15. SELFDEFENSE

Hooray!
    Ever vigilant. They try to take your money and liberty every time you turn your back.