'Nother new member to the M40 club

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by BlackSunshine, Jun 26, 2007.

1. BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine Guest

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Wow - I've never seen that cover of the owners manual before. When did you pick up your pistol?

Cool picture - welcome to the club!

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Welcome.
    How much have you shot the M40?

4. BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine Guest

Thanks, I picked it up on June fifth and I have been at the range 3 times so far. In fact I am going today too.
    I almost got rid of it after the first time out because it jammed (250rds winchester) and a few rounds of Remington which didn't fire after the pin hit the primer.

My M40 is a blast to shoot, and this forum is top natch with info. I went through the first page and completely cleaned the M40 NOW this thing is almost as much fun as my S&W .357 model 66

This is a crappy Cell-Phone shot of my grouping at 30 feet
    [​IMG]

5. SELFDEFENSE

Looks good.
    Keep us posted on the reliability aspect of it as those of us who use our Steyrs for self defense like to know about other's experience in that critical area.

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

That looks like an M40 vs. the new model, M40-A1? The owner's manual certainly doesn't look familiar.

Did you pick it up used or LNIB? The only difference externally is the grip and that looks like the M40, not A1.

New or old model, that's some good shooting. :mrgreen:

7. SELFDEFENSE

That is the same manual I got with my M9. maybe the A1s have a different cover?

8. I have the same manual for my M40 that I purchased new in 2004.

Welcome to the club.

First, I'd like to congratulate you on your purchase of a Steyr M40 as I believe that it take a special individual do avoid drinking the kool-aid of slick marketing to select a pistol that is in my opinion superior to the alternatives currently available in the DAO polymer pistol market.

My only suggestion would be to keep the pistol lubricated as per the cleaning tutorial and to avoid UMC, Wolf, and Range Reloads. If you should need any help remember that Steyr has the best customer service in the industry and fully supports all its products. For little things we here at the Steyr Club have a lot of experience with Steyr pistols and can provide a lot of useful information.