Not exactly Steyr-related...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Seven, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Hey everyone,

Well, this isn't exactly Steyr-related, but it may still be of interest to some folks here. I've written a novel set about 50 years hence which includes some speculation about what will happen to the US, weapons, et cetera. And just recently I created a website where people can download and read the entire book for free: http://www.communionofdreams.com/

So if you're a bit of a SF buff, you might want to take a look. And if you have thoughts on what you read, feel free to either drop me a note from the email there, post a comment here, or go to the related blog I set up (also linked from the site).

Best,

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

cool will check it out.
    though for fiction more interested in prophecy,predictions.
    john titor,native american indian prophecy:Hopi,Iroquois,Mayan(According to the Maya, there will be a baktun ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of a 13th 400 year period, but not the end of the world. ),Aztec and End Times.Astrology Age of Pisces to Aquarius 2012. something not fiction
    New Model Predicts More Intense Solar Storms Ahead
    http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0 ... cycle.html
    Using the model, researchers predict that the next solar cycle, known as Cycle 24, will produce sunspots across an area slightly larger than 2.5 percent of the visible surface of the Sun. They also expect that the cycle will begin in late 2007 or early 2008—about six to 12 months later than earlier predictions—and reach its peak in 2012.

Kill Shot solar event from sun to earth. what happened to mars and what is going on with mars now.

Yellow Stone National Park is a Caldera and if it went would pretty much make North America a horrible place to live for many years.

reality is often stranger than fiction.

And now it is us. We are the ones they spoke of long ago. They say to be alive, to come into creation and to live upon the earth at this time is a great honor. In the cycle of time, from the beginning to the end, this time we are in now will change the purification of all things. They say this is the hardest time to live, but it is also the greatest honor to be alive to live and see this.
    -Hopi Prophecy

3. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Interesting stuff...

...Mr. Ap, and I think that it's curious that there tends to be a 'convergence' around 2012. That's also the year I selected for a pandemic flu and the general breakdown of the US as part of the "history" for my novel.

Interesting, indeed...

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

scary thing about the Flu pandemic is we got Avian Flu which some like to say if it adapted to humans could be disastrous. then you have a rash of microbiologist dying and disappearing under questionable circumstances.

have some wacko scientist who want to see the population of the planet drasticly reduced. Aeon Flux live action movie using the belief some have of killing off large percent of the population letting the planet regenerate with animal and plant life while having some sort of fancy pants civilization of those that consider themselves elite.

http://www.stevequayle.com/dead_scienti ... tists.html

5. Seven

Seven Premium Member

With my own twist...

...that is pretty much the scenario I paint (H5N1 - Avian flu - being weaponized), and then jump forward about 40 years.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Cool. Thanks.
    Good you have it written already because the real thing may happen sooner than later, and it wouldn't be fiction anymore.

7. Seven

Seven Premium Member

I wanna say thanks...

...to those Steyroids who've checked out the site, perhaps downloaded the novel or told others about it. This has been a lot more successful than I ever expected, with about a thousand people a week checking out the site, and over 1,000 people going to the trouble of actually downloading the entire book. :shock: Wow.

Anyway, thanks, everyone!

8. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

if the bandwidth gets bad use bittorrent to distribute the files