None to be seen

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by briang2ad, Nov 22, 2007.

1. briang2ad

briang2ad New Member

Went to the Dulles Show last week. This is a BIG show with 1000+ tables. NO STEYRs of any kind.

2. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I was there too. I looked hard. Nothing. I did see some mags for sale however.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I was also let down at the last gunshow at Dallas Market Hall - my friend and I searched high and low and there wasn't a single Steyr pistol to be seen. They are having another this weekend, so we'll see... :?

4. briang2ad

briang2ad New Member

I was a bit dissapointed..

and somewhat surprised. The Steyr FEELS like a good gun - its just unavailable (except at CDNN). I just don't like to buy a gun unseen.

5. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Re: I was a bit dissapointed..

I was a little disappointed with the show in general. I was there first thing Sat morning. The guy that sells gazillion holsters (good stuff too) and leather vests was a no-show and for reloading supplies the show was a bust. Not a can of Blue Dot to be found. Still somehow I managed to spend 200 bucks. :)

Message sent.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"Still somehow I managed to spend 200 bucks. "
    That's why I didn't go :)

7. Really? There weren't any rifles or a stray AUG or USR someplace?

That is weird.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Spotted a M40 and S9 for $500 ea. :shock:

Nothing else to be seen, although there were quite a few AUG clones (over $2k :(). They also had some HK45's for $850 if that's your kind of thing...

9. JaegerWulf

JaegerWulf Premium Member

About a week or two ago I went to the gun show at Mesquite. One guy had an old M9, in good condition, and was selling it for about 450 or more. I did manage to find an M40-A1 and M9-A1. The 9 went for about 370 and the 40 was about 10 or 20 dollars cheaper. It was actually a better deal than CDNN when one considers shipping and the FFL transfer fee. I didn't get a chance to go to the Dallas Market Hall one though. I desperately wanted to buy one but I don't have the cash now. (it'll be my good job present for finishing my first correspondent class, even if that means paying full price for one of the new ones).

Oh yeah, hello everyone! :) I've been reading this forum a lot and decided to actually post on it. Haven't gotten a chance to fire the Steyr yet, but have been doing steady research on it and other firearms via other people's opinions for about 2 months now. Gotta finish that class though :) Syntax, I just transfered to the Grand Prairie unit just this last month from Lubbock. Haven't had a chance to visit the town though :) I'm up in Plano.

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

What unit? GPPD? Always good to have another local on board! 8)

11. JaegerWulf

No, United States Marine Corps Reserve. I shouldn't have been so vague :)

12. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Very cool. We'll have to go shooting sometime - I'll bring the Steyr + suppressor if you bring the jaegarmeister :wink:

13. JaegerWulf

Definitely. If you know of any good ranges, please let me know. I think I got spoiled on the ranch/ranges out in Lubbock. Very cheap to shoot at and they were outdoor. Plano seems very proud of their ranges and charge to match. I'll bring the Jaegermeister, sure, but when do we drink? Before or after the shooting ;)

14. BTF/PTM

BTF/PTM Guest

^ drinking + shooting...note to self, don't go to the range that day :p

I've not seen any Steyrs in any store or at any show other than the one store that sold me my M9. They had a 9 and a .40, and I bought it purely becuz of its unique look and the really cool features like built in finger grooves. Both the stores that run shooting ranges here in town look at me kinda strange when I ask if they have any Steyrs on their shelves. One of those "wait...people actually buy those?" kinda looks. Seems to me like they're missin' out on some substantial bidniss 8)