Non Lurker Now with a M-A1 9mm

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by yerby, May 9, 2007.

1. yerby

yerby New Member

Howdy.

I received my pistol from CDNN last Friday and took it to the range on Saturday afternoon. It came with two Hi-Cap mags and I ordered two more. I do like this pistol.

In years past I have owned and shot virtually everything and I do think this is a great weapon to handle and a breeze to shoot.

Somewhere along the line I crossed up some "wires" and didn't realize that the M-A1 did not have a manual safety; I was really looking forward to that feature. I like having something to click off. It is like a last line of defense, a barrier that you have to cross.

Pistol did well after I got used to the trap sights and my new point of aim.

I ran through about 300 rounds with only one FTE, and that was due to ammo. I shot two boxes of 115 gr hardball from American and then several 15 year old 147 JHP sub-sonic reloaded boxes that had been in my garage. One did FTE but when I fired it, the round felt weak so I was not surprised.

Anyone have a S-9? I need one for the girlfriend. That's not a trade by the way.

I have ordered from Wild Bill some leather and hope I can get it from him; I have products from him and it is rather good for the price.

CDNN was great to deal with. They talked be through the process of ordering a pistol and what hops I would have to jump through. Gun and two mags for less that 400 bucks.

Thanks to everyone on here for the wealth of info.

Yerby

2. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

:D Welcome aboard!!

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I shared your surprise when I picked up my M9A1 - at the time, I didn't know they were not equipped with the manual safety. After a few weeks of shooting it, and later a few months of carrying it, I feel like I'm better off without it and I'm rather glad I made the "mistake". All you need to think about is lining up the sights and pulling the trigger - no fine motor skills required to make your pistol "ready". I have seen a few S9's at local gunshows - they were asking $529 :shock:.

Welcome to the club! Glad to have ya with us!

4. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

Nice purchase, yerby. I don't mind it at all that there's no manual safety on my M9A1. Like the Delta said in Black Hawk Down (holding up his trigger finger), "This is my safe." Later,

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Welcome to the Club, Yerby. :)

Lurkin' is fine, but participatin' is encouraged. Thanx for your post. Hava great week. :)

Wulf

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats on breaking out of lurk mode.
    I do like the safety, but you will like your A1 without it.