No one owns an STG-58 here?

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by loneeagle308, Apr 30, 2006.

1. loneeagle308

loneeagle308 New Member

no one mentions the Steyr STG-58 in this forum? Its weird but I own one in addition to an S-40. Most of my time is not spent here but on the falfiles. How many own more than just a Steyr pistol?

2. mikey

mikey New Member

I don’t own a Steyr STG-58 (I do, however, own a bolt-action Steyr-Mannlicher model “M” - a gorgeous example of fine European craftsmanship) but I admit that I’m fascinated by the STG-58’s . They look, to me, like the ultimate development of the FAL-series rifles.

Of course, you won’t find a whole lot of “real” STG-58’s in the United States: their full-auto receivers aren’t ordinarily importable. I’ve seen DSA offering up Steyr parts FAL’s (in the $1,100 - $1,400 range, built on a DSA receiver) and though that’s a bit pricy, I can’t say I’m not interested.

See here: http://www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm? ... N=49804831

Anyone have any experience with one of these DSA FAL-type rifles? Or, does anyone have any alternate recommendations?

Hey, with a little horse trading (do I really need that Remington 742?) one of those Austrian Sturmgewehr’s might actually become mine someday!

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

I own an M40 and the M40A1
    I also have an STG58 kit gun on an Imbel receiver.

I also hang out on the files from time to time

4. loneeagle308

loneeagle308 New Member

Well, that's what I meant, a kit gun. I have an STG58 kit on a DSA type II receiver. The barrel has the same Steyr trademark as my S-40. I bought the kit for $150 over a decade ago. A steal to todays prices.

5. mikey

mikey New Member

Actually, I was wondering about that! If some of the STG-58 surplus parts are actually stamped with the Steyr logo, I think it would add greatly to the assembled rifle’s coolness factor. :D

Also, not to diss DSA (but, until I know otherwise) I’d honestly trust used, good condition Steyr parts over brand-new replacement parts from DSA. That’s one reason why the DSA’s STG-58 appeals to me more than their all-DSA version (and the Steyr parts rifle is slightly less expensive, too).

Dude, you just ruined my day! :wink:

6. Jukka

Jukka New Member

My last purchase

Just bought StG-58, it's modified for semiauto only, but automatic fire is not necessary with FAL. It's real rifle.

7. some_finn

some_finn New Member

Mine is a semi conversion like Jukka's.

With a few additions, refinished with Duracoat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The original"

[​IMG]

8. *PeaceKeeper*

*PeaceKeeper* New Member

Hi Finns,

Nice read and see pics Steyer in Finland. Wherefrom that free-float is bought?
    I have tryed to find long time.

9. khoff

khoff New Member

i have a steyr stg-58 kit on a Imbel reciever. it is a GREAT rifle i like very much. stg kits were like 199.00$ about 10 years ago. i wish i had bought two dozen. still have two polish underfolder AK47 kits and a tantal kit all with matching #s and original chrome-lined barrels.