No More Second Ammendment.... 2A = RIP

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by babj615, Feb 3, 2008.

1. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Well, I was looking around Live Leak after MiDTNShooter posted some great links....

...and I found this.

Made me sick to my stomach. I just could not believe this could happen in America.

And yet it was happening in America.

Most troubling of all, for me, was I started thinking 'what would I do in this scenario?'

What would you do?

:| :|

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I fear this is just the beginning :wall: :wall:

3. mrboma

mrboma Member

Yep, just got sick.
    I am amazed this is the first I have heard of this.
    And to answer your question, I am not sure what I would do.
    I will have to think on this, thanks for the wake up call Bab.
    Regards,
    Mike

4. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

Dude, this is REALLY OLD news (i.e., this video news program).... but absolutely relevant for the present and our future. Yep, makes me sick as well.

What would I do?

Hmmm.... well, under such a scenario the fact or possibility of my sidearm being confiscated would not prompt me to consider not to carry it for personal protection. If I get caught with it and the Nazi police confiscated it... oh well?

I suppose this means I need to consider having a "back-up" pistola at home, for just such a possibility.

Otherwise, if things REALLY "go south".... I'm going to place my firearms and ammunition in canisters and burry my weapons in the back yard.

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I think there's little we can do if this happens nationwide, except hide our guns. But there is something we can do to head this off from happening. Vote in the primaries, vote in November.

I'm not enthusiastic about John McCain or Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee, the only GOP candidates left standing. But when I compare them to Hillary or Obama... Don't get between me and the voting booth or you'll have size 13 foot tracks up one side and down the other. :twisted:

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Perhaps this was one of those "if you look hard enough, you can find good that has come from it" type things... My state, as well as a few others, have passed legislation since the Katrina fiasco which effectively guarantees this kind of thing will never happen here in the Great State of Texas...

On the other hand, even the Bill of Rights isn't so sacred as to avoid infringement these days, so I'm not sure how much those laws on the books are really worth... Suffice it to say that I view confiscation of my arms as confiscation of my freedom (or what bit we all still have left), and I absolutely will not give that up, ever. And I don't own a shovel.

7. raul1427

raul1427 Guest

Absolutely f*#@ing sickening. I have to wonder out loud and ask , who the f*#k thought up this lame brain scheme?! I think it's time we not only took these morons to court and sue for dereliction of duty, but also sue to have all of these "public officials" to have there citizenship revoked!!

8. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

That's a pretty strong statement, right there.....

:think: :think:

9. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

Yea, well.... I was totally dumbstruck when I viewed a YouTube video of an interview conducted with Senator Edwards by the YouTube staff, during which Edwards was asked a series of questions to which he was to simply answer to each question: "a right" or "a privilege" as a citizen of this country. So, one of the questions asked during the interview was (words to the effect): Firearm ownership? Should it be "a right" of every United States Citizen, or "a privilege"? The [email protected]#tard stated, "a privilege" (i.e., NOT a "right," as is the current law of our land).

That's the friggen Dems for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.... Sorry but I need to excuse myself because the bile has yet again risen to the top and I need to go throw-up once more.

:sick: .... :sick: .... :sick:

10. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

I'm becoming optimistic.

We may be on the verge of a 2A renaissance.
    Depending on how Heller goes, we may finally be on the offensive.

The CCW laws passed, combined with so little support for gun control laws in congress means we are at a tipping point now.

Yes, nuts like Shumer introduce a ban bill every year, but so what.
    His own party doesn't take him seriously.

11. engelsstaub1

engelsstaub1 New Member

That is some serious garbage. (What happened in N. Orleans.) The people of the US believe themselves to be freer than other countries. We would do well to study the history and gun laws of Switzerland. Can't wait for Hillary to be president AGAIN! It was great, as an MP during the Clinton administration, to see all the cuts in retirement benefits to service members. More "assault weapon" bans coming right up! -'staub

12. raul1427

raul1427 Guest

I found the YouTube interview that you wrote about and wow, your right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQFhdFfl6rM

He paused and thought about it, but in political conformist fashion said those damning words.

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

The opening shot has been fired in the battle before the Supreme Court over our 2nd Amendment rights. Lawyers arguing for the overturning of the Washington, D.C. gun ban filed their first brief yesterday outlining their argument in the simplest of terms:
    Of course, the Washington Post headline frames the argument in negative terms: Lawyers Fighting D.C. Gun Ban Argue Against Militia Focus
    They’re not fighting for our rights, they’re fighting “against militia focus.”

I scan the headlines every day online for the Washington Post and the New York Times, but it’s gotten to where sometimes days go by before I actually read any of the stories. The headlines tell me all I need to know about the “vast left-wing conspiracy” that runs the newsrooms at both of these so-called “mainstream media” sources. I worked as a journalist for 25 years and was almost invariably the only “right-wing nut” and usually the only born-again Christian on the news staff. Most of our newspapers lean so far to the left they’ve fallen over and can’t get up.

Rant over. Where was I? Oh yeah, the Supreme Court case. It’s possible, maybe even likely, that instead of hearing this case as scheduled on March 18, the high court may agree with a Bush administration recommendation to send the case back down to a lower court for another hearing, allowing the Supremes (now there’s a great name for a singing group) to duck the issue. With “friends” like this in the White House, who needs any enemies?
    This is the most important individual rights case before the court in 70 years and our Republican administration can’t fight for it? Sometimes I wonder. :evil:

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Maybe there’s hope for our gun rights after all. Would you believe a majority of this Democrat-controlled Congress has joined the Supreme Court 2nd amendment case on our side? Did you see that pig that just flew by? And guess who’s leading the charge, a good ol’ Texan woman.

Majority of Hill Stands Against D.C. Gun Ban

15. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...we'll see.....

...I am not holding my breath.....

:| :|

16. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

If the Supreme Court actually does its job, they're supposed to divine the intent of Congress as in how to enforce, uphold et c., the laws adopted by this legislative body. The high court is not supposed to write law, just intepret it by determining the true intent of the writers.

With a majority of Congress supporting the view that the original framers intended the 2nd amendment to be an individual right, not a militia one, how can they ignore that? Of course they certainly can. All it takes is a majority of idiots on the court and God knows, look what the rulings of a majority of idiots has brought to pass to date. Let us pray. :!: :pray:

17. Fireof59

Fireof59 New Member

I sent a letter to my senator and congressman asking them to sign the letter that Ms. Hutchinson wrote (bless her heart).
    How can we find out who actually did sign and who was asked but refrained?

Would be good to know coming into the elections...

18. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Oliver North reports that U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, has not
    only led a resolution urging the Supreme Court to overturn the D.C. gun ban,
    she has also introduced a bill to repeal the law even if the Supremes do not
    take action.

In "The 2nd Amendment's Day in Court" Ollie writes:
    Here's the details on the Washington, D.C. Personal Protection Act, including sponsors.

And here's the NRA-ILA fact sheet, supporting the legislation. :mrgreen:

19. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Gun rights' dynamic duo

What does a skinny little Jewish woman lawyer from San Francisco have in common with the black former mayor of Cincinnati? Gun rights!

Sandy Froman, immediate-past NRA president; teams up with Ken Blackwell, black conservative Republican; to tell how they joined Gun Nuts “R” Us. This is part 1 or a two-part series they write together about the District of Columbia v. Heller gun-rights case before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Froman writes:
    Blackwell writes:

20. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Townhall.com columnist Douglas MacKinnon says if the Supreme Court rules against gun rights, Montana has Plan B ready to implement: Secession from the Union. Deja vu all over again.