No More CDNN Steyrs

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Auburn, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Auburn

Auburn New Member

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Auburn, I love that catalog!

I might just have to spring for the P7M8, I had one and sold it over 10 years ago and of course wish I hadn't. I can't believe that this has been discontinued, it is one of the best handgun designs ever, IMHO.

Jeff

3. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

End of an Era

Wow,

CDNN no longer carrying Steyr M-series pistols, that dates alot of us. I just hope that in the not-to-distant future that CDNN pulls in some A1s like they did the M-series and offers them for less than $300.00, but maybe I'm dreaming.

4. ScottW

ScottW New Member

Thanks for the heads-up on the new catalog! It's my understanding that their last M9 was sold either just before or right as their last catalog (2005-5) was coming out. It was a couple months ago.

I don't think we'll see any A1s in there for a while! Did they ever have any S-series? I don't remember seeing any.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, my S9 was my first Steyr and I bought that from CDNN back in May 05 for $249 with 1 mag. I absolutely loved it and then bought the M9 when the price had gone up to $279 but included 1 x 10-round and 1 x 14-round mag.

Now I regret not buying 2 more of each as spares. I think the M-A1 design looks so bulky with the light rail. The M-series is about the size of a Glock 19 and as such it really is a CCW gun which IMHO doesn't need the extra thickness of a light rail. But this gun has to be all things to all people so I understand them including it.

I *really* hope they don't put the light rail on the S-A1 but since Glock/XD/HK have them on their subcompacts, I'm sure it will be there in all its bulkiness.

Jeff

6. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy New Member

I agree. The deal CDNN got was for hundreds (thousands?) of pistols that were being discontinued. If we see this deal again, then the age of Steyr is dead.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

As usual, Mr. A is right on. I heard the rumor was that CDNN had something like 4,000-6,000 M and S series pistols from the previous importer.

Jeff

8. ministerofdeath

Well,

Not every pistol CDNN sell is discontinued is it? I mean correct me if I'm wrong here, but seems like they sell alot of pistols that are still available for sale through most distributors? If they could buy a huge order in bulk of Steyr A1 seems like they could get a deal on them and offer it to John Q Public for a low price (ala Walmart).

9. madecov

madecov Active Member

CDNN buys closeouts.
    All of the products are either
    Overstock
    Discontinued model or version.

Some distributors will still have stock because it may have been a slow mover. or they got a special buy and then CDNN purchased the balance in bulk.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

And a boatload of LEO Trade-Ins/Resales apparently!

Jeff

11. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

CDNN is the outlet mall of guns.

12. ministerofdeath

Thats a good way to put it FlaChef. Thanks for helping me understand how in the world CDNN happens to supply firearms for the prices they do.