nice extractor video

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by protector76239, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Goldni

Goldni New Member

Thanks for posting. Although the video would not play for me, the close up pics were great. Thanks for showing and discussing the 'bump' on the outside of the new extractor. I immediately went to inspect my new S9-A1 I just purchased last week (will be shooting first tomorrow). My gun has theh bumpand the harder slant like your new extractor! That is a good thing to know!

Btw, my S9-A1 manufacter date is November 2011, so Steyr may have to began solve the problem with the extracors by then.

2. CascadeShooter

CascadeShooter New Member

Great little video and write-up! I just picked up a used M40 and took it out yesterday.. I experienced FTE at least once every 5 rounds (only putting 5 rounds in the mag at a time.)

The previous owner said he had some trouble unless the thing was cleaned and still wet. Haha. I'll be he never bothered to contact anybody about it.

I emailed Steyr last night and asked them for support. Maybe they'll send me an extractor. :)

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

A good extractor removal an' reassembly with the new extractor video was posted on another thread by our Bro Ricochet recently and could be of assisstance to you and other Club Bro's.

Here ya go:

[video=youtube;e661GNUx9ow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e661GNUx9ow[/video]

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Wulf <-- still uses the clear plastic bag due to his old arthritic paws and the spring/plunger "teleportion" factor, tho.... *sigh*

4. CascadeShooter

That's the same video as in the link in the original post isn't it?

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Cascade* :)

I don't know! I never could get any video to play. Maybe its my Firefox Browser or somethin'. <shrug>

Plz let me know how you are accessing the video posted in the original post and I can always delete my post...notta problem, I promise! :thumbsup:

Take care, Bro.

Wulf <-- sometimes not that 'puter savvy <shrug>

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It is the same video, but I don't see any harm in leaving Wulf's post - he embedded it for easier viewing.

7. CascadeShooter

I approve this response. ;)

And as an addendum, I talked to Jeff at Steyr.. and he's sending me an extractor, but said that's all I'm getting-- that springs and plungers are gonna be a while.

Ugh. Hopefully the extractor, and maybe better ammo, will solve my problems. In the mean time I'm going to look for an M9-A1 since I want one anyway.

8. CascadeShooter

Got my new extractor. Installed it. Haven't shot the thing yet. I'll post this in another section too, or in another thread, but anybody know how the orientation of the (original) plunger goes? It's shaped such that it could sit more than one way.