Next pistol.... C9-A1 or M9-A1 ??

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Valmet62, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Valmet62

Valmet62 New Member

Ok, I just purchased a S9-A1 and I have placed an order for the new A2 MF, but it appears those won't be in anytime soon. My local FFL says Steyr Arms USA doesn't even have a date when more of those guns will be imported. This brings me to my question as I am new to these pistols and the Steyr bug has bitten me hard ! I want to purchase another pistol and have found a NIB C9-A1 locally for 449.00 and see the M9-A1's for about 50.00 to 100.00 dollars more online. (not including shipping and transfer fee ) Which one would you experienced Steyr owners suggest and do any of you folks have both and what are your thoughts on what I should put my sights on next ??

Thanks

2. DireSteyr

DireSteyr New Member

I'll say that I love my M9. It is just the right size for and hits the perfect balance when it comes to size. That being said... $550 seems like a lot for a M9-A1, I might shop around a bit and i bet you can find one for closer to that $450 mark.

Case likes this.

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

M9 a1 . And nib ?? Should be 500 or less

4. Valmet62

Valmet62 New Member

OK thanks, will keep looking for a better price. Do you prefer the M9-A1 over the C9-A1 ??

Case likes this.
  5. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Yes the M is a better all around gun . The C & S are ment to be Ccw guns . The M &L are ment to be a do it all, ccw, Range days, home ,

6. Valmet62

Valmet62 New Member

Thanks, found a M9-A1, I am very happy with the choice

Michael Dobesch likes this.
  7. silentheart

silentheart Active Member

I have a m9a1 and a m40a1. Also, a 357 sig conversion barrel for the m40a1. I would actually look for a m40a1 used and get conversion barrel for 9mm. more fun with 1 gun.

Michael Dobesch likes this.