Steyr Club Forums banner

News?

Tags
news
6K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  squirrelpotpie 
#1 ·
I sure would love to hear something of substance from Steyr USA.

I did hear that a new web site was in the works.

Buzz

#4 ·
As much as the whole SAI thing has been on hold it has not diminished my enthusiasm for the guns one iota. Last night as I was dry firing my M9A1 I was amazed at the desgin of the gun. From a strictly aesthetic standpoint it's a beautiful piece.

Buzz

#5 ·
Wow, can Steyr Mannlicher move any slower?

I love the Steyr MA1 and believe it to be probably the most high-tech and superior DAO handgun in the world today, but there just seems to be no desire to sell it. Heck, if Steyr did half the marketing of other campanies like S&W with their new M&P they'd be one of the top names in the handgun market.

They better light a fire under someone's butt and get this party started already. It seems like Steyr has a tradition of coming out with firearms far ahead of their time and then going into hybernation. The Steyr AUG was WAY ahead of its time and only now are we seeing firearms offer the same features...if Steyr had been better at marketing they may have made ten times the money they did off the AUG.

:roll:

The engineers at Steyr are earning their keep; it is time for the business guys to earn theirs.

#6 ·
Minister, I've got to agree. While I own five Steyrs and arguably have "got mine" I'd really like to make it six, but Steyr is making that impossible. I've bought that steyr ten times over in other guns. January has turned to March and I'm now considering the possibility that we are just being strung along.

On the other hand, re-orgs can take time, especially when it's a division in a company with a new owner. If they are planning on doing business in the US well into the future, and in a serious manner, then the time taken to get things right is justified. But, if the end result of this is the "same old/same old" then I fear that even the most staunch Steyr enthusiast may be forced to look elsewhere for a gun manufacturer that supports its own products.

As you can see, I am seriously conflicted about the whole thing.

Buzz

#10 ·
that's funny because i was thinking about it from the exact opposite view.

i think maybe i should buy a few more steyrs to have parts in case the service and support evaporate in the future.

i think the new steyr guys want to be players in the us market. i'm just not sure how interested/committed they are to LEO/defensive pistols.

#11 ·
I bought the A1 in .40 about a year ago and the next six months I spent trying to contact SAI. I finally got smart and emailed Styer direct. All I wanted was a holster and a couple mags and it took almost the whole year to get them. The smartest thing SAI did was point me to this site. The bottom line here is in that year I didn't sell one styer product. I really love this A1 but couldn't recommend it to customers because of personal experience with support. To my way of thinking, this site saves their bacon with me. If you can't find the info you want here, then it's not worth knowing.

Thanks guys

#13 ·
I had checked the main manufacturers a couple had some available for the M series, but were unsure of the fit for the A1 series and none were in a style I was looking for. At that point I decided that the one shown on the SAI site would work, and maybe they might know of a few others. As you know, The site shows the holster, but it does no good, as no click to purchase. The same applies to magazines. At that point I started trying to contact SAI by email (sales) to no avail, not once did they reply and no attempt to redirect me to a better contact point
was made. I could have telephoned, but my days are full and besides, thats what email is for.

#15 ·
I'm guessing you were at Steyr-Mannlicher's homepage? Virtually everyone who has ever e-mailed or called the US importer Steyr Arms Inc. has received a prompt, courteous response, though I do believe contacting Austria direct usually becomes a headache in short order. I'm not sure when you were looking, but most of the manufacturers seem to support the M-A1 over the original M now. Sourcing a product to match your tastes should be a trivial task these days, and magazines can be had from host of common suppliers.

#20 ·
More S's and more M's, too!

I want a S357-A1 bad enough to get down on my knees and beg for it, but while I'm begging, how about a new M or even an L in 10mm and .45 ACP? I'll take one of each please! Bring on the Manoox pistols now, not September.

#21 ·
Make mine an L series in 40 or 9mm, add 3 round capacity to each and 3/4" more barrel. give me some trap night sites
Then make me a Safariland holster to fit.

Them make me an S series in 9mm with a K&D holster for my off duty time.

#22 ·
Syntax360 said:
I'm guessing you were at Styer-Mannlicher's homepage? Virtually everyone who has ever e-mailed or called the US importer Styer Arms Inc. has received a prompt, courteous response, though I do believe contacting Austria direct usually becomes a headache in short order. I'm not sure when you were looking, but most of the manufacturers seem to support the M-A1 over the original M now. Sourcing a product to match your tastes should be a trivial task these days, and magazines can be had from host of common suppliers.
No, I was on the USA site, and didn't get a response until I contacted the manufacturer, within a day I had an email from Styer America. Now that I know about this site, I have no problem recommending Styer. In fact I keep mine on display during the day and keep my Bul concealed.

#26 ·
Any new models are just a pipe dream at the moment - Steyr has been pretty closed-lip about what (if anything) they are currently working on. I'm just about positive I have (or had :oops:) a PDF on my home computer about the new finish - if it's still there, I'll report back and perhaps send it your way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.