Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the A1 in .40 about a year ago and the next six months I spent trying to contact SAI. I finally got smart and emailed Styer direct. All I wanted was a holster and a couple mags and it took almost the whole year to get them. The smartest thing SAI did was point me to this site. The bottom line here is in that year I didn't sell one styer product. I really love this A1 but couldn't recommend it to customers because of personal experience with support. To my way of thinking, this site saves their bacon with me. If you can't find the info you want here, then it's not worth knowing.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had checked the main manufacturers a couple had some available for the M series, but were unsure of the fit for the A1 series and none were in a style I was looking for. At that point I decided that the one shown on the SAI site would work, and maybe they might know of a few others. As you know, The site shows the holster, but it does no good, as no click to purchase. The same applies to magazines. At that point I started trying to contact SAI by email (sales) to no avail, not once did they reply and no attempt to redirect me to a better contact point
was made. I could have telephoned, but my days are full and besides, thats what email is for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Syntax360 said:
I'm guessing you were at Styer-Mannlicher's homepage? Virtually everyone who has ever e-mailed or called the US importer Styer Arms Inc. has received a prompt, courteous response, though I do believe contacting Austria direct usually becomes a headache in short order. I'm not sure when you were looking, but most of the manufacturers seem to support the M-A1 over the original M now. Sourcing a product to match your tastes should be a trivial task these days, and magazines can be had from host of common suppliers.
No, I was on the USA site, and didn't get a response until I contacted the manufacturer, within a day I had an email from Styer America. Now that I know about this site, I have no problem recommending Styer. In fact I keep mine on display during the day and keep my Bul concealed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts