News from IGB

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Syntax360, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I recently spoke with IGB to clear up questions I (and perhaps you?) had concerning a few of their items. Here is a run-down of their reply:

Carbine Kits, Shoulder Stock, -A1 Compatibility, and .357SIG?
    It had been mentioned in the past that the shoulder stocks (and therefor carbine kits) would only work with the M series. However, recent chatter in passing suggested that these components are also available for the -A1 series. IGB confirms that the stock (and kits) are 100% compatible with the M and M-A1 series pistols, citing the dust cover rail design as being the only significant difference between the models (of course the ergo grip design is also changed). [Having confirmed this, I am left wonder why the grip plug that used to be produced by SteyrClub is only compatible with the original M series :?... Anyone want to refresh my memory?] IGB does make a complete carbine kit for all 3 calibers, so regardless of which one you have, they can turn it into a long gun. And just a side note... IGB originally designed these kits for the Steyr pistols, and then later modified the design to work for glocks. 8)
    The price is currently $94.50 USD for JUST THE STOCK (I personally have no interest in a kit), and they do have these items on the shelf. Shipping cost is an additional $18.50, and I believe a $7 small-order fee will also be tacked on.

IPSC Mount Steyr M
    IGB has an original M series pictured on their page with a rail mount that attaches to the Steyr proprietary setup and allows for optics to be placed on top of the pistol. I asked whether or not this same setup will work with the -A1 series, and IGB responded that they have been sold out for quite awhile and there currently is not enough demand to create more. However, should requests come flying in, they implied that the setup would be available/work with both the original M's and the M-A1 series. This one is kind of a bummer, as it plays an integral part in my plans for Evolution 4.0 for my M9A1. (paging BigTaco... :twisted:)

Other Action Items
    IGB mentioned that most of their business is (predictably) aimed towards the Glockphiles - what manufacturing capability is left goes to our niche, but barrels are (obviously) their main source of Steyr-related revenue. Until demand increases, we are not likely to see IGB turn out any new toys for our market. However, Carmen Schranz implied in her correspondence that IGB is "making a list", and this brings me to my main point. We need to bug the bejesus out of these people! They have the manufacturing capability and relative interest to produce a whole world of aftermarket products for our pistols. All that is lacking is dollars, and that's where we can make a difference. It is my hope that every loyal Steyroid yearning for aftermarket support will start sending inquiries and orders IGB's way. Even if it's something you know they do not produce - ask them anyway. If nothing else, this simple act will remind them that we are here and have dollars to spend. And should you get an answer from them that you cannot recall being mentioned on the board, start a thread - let's keep awareness of this company up, especially with all the new faces we're getting lately. 8)

IGBAustria
    Barrel Technology
    http://www.igbaustria.com
    http://www.impulsegunbarrels.com

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Still saving up and getting closer to my IGB M357-A1 carbine kit, almost there.

But it is indeed a bummer that I can't get a scope mount. This monster definitely needs some optical assistance. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

For those wanting to do the ultimate and mount a scope on their Steyr, other options do exist so long as you are using the "A-1" frame....

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ya, there is no POA will = POI with the stock sights. I'd say I can make due with my laser off the M6X, but what's the point when the whole setup is designed for more distance?

5. Foofighter50

Foofighter50 New Member

Mount Options?

Babj,

What other options do you know about for mounting optics on the M and MA-1 ???

6. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I have seen some recently that look just like the IGB ones, but they mount to the forward rail.....

I will get more info the next time I see them and post it here....

7. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

custom glock racing makes some stuff like that.

not sure if it is adaptable to the A-1. the dustcover on the A-1 is much lower than on the glock.

8. nixon

nixon Member

IGB barrels

I recently inquired about barrel for 357 sig conversion for my M40a1 and the price is a little too stiff for me. It's 230 for the barrel and some 20 bucks for shipping and handling so that's 250 already down the pipe for getting a 357 conversion barrel kit. Ammo has gotten expensive these days unless you roll your own. Anyway, that's still good news to hear from IGB.
    Nixon,

9. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Nixon :)

Contact Carmen Schranz at IGB and say you're a Steyrclub Member and ask her to plz drop the shippin'. Tell 'er Wulf said so. Soon as I can get an' S-A1 grip frame, I'll hava S357 SIG bbl on the way. Let me know how it goes.

Wulf

10. rlwood29

rlwood29 Guest

Pretty new to all of this but it seems like there are a lot of members that would be interested in picking up a 357 Sig barrel. Could this be something we could workout as a group purchase at a discount and save on shipping?

11. nixon

nixon Member

Carmen of IGB

Wulf,
    I will keep that in mind. I should have told Carmen that I'm a Steyroid from the start. Anyway, bought that 9mm conversion kit from CDNN already. Will save up for the 357 sig barrel next. Well, how do you like to have one receiver in 3 calibers 40, 9mm, 357 sig. that's neat !

Nix,

12. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Nixon :)

I ain't inta 9's and 40's right now, but the concept of one auto loader grip frame w/ multiple caliber conversion barrels is pretty darn interestin'. Now, if we could just get adjustable night sights! :twisted: Anyway, I'll get in touch w/ IGB and see what we can do for a "Steyrclub group buy". Guys, PM me so I could get an idea on how many we want and I'll check w/ Carmen and find out how much we can get 'em for. I'll check w/ Jack at SAI, as well. If he can make it happen for us at a comparable price, I'd rather give them our support. <shrug> Hava great week. :)

Wulf

13. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

Keep in mind that if you buy JUST the stock you will need to register your pistol as a Short Barreled Rifle with the ATF under the NFA. It will cost you $200 to do so.

Otherwise you're looking at serious time in the federal pen ... they'll stomp your kittens, shoot your dog/kids/wife and maybe burn your house down too.

Don't screw with the ATF.

14. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ya, ya - I previously mentioned that I was going the SBR + can route if I do the build. IGB also stressed the legalities - I probably should have mentioned that before any fellow steyroids got the wrong idea...

But unless I can convince a certain mad machinist I know to make a top rail mount, I'm going to have to scrap my Evolution 4.0 project...

15. mike_hk2ksk

mike_hk2ksk New Member

If/when the price of the 357sig barrel for M-A1 is in the vicinity of $150, I am in for it.

16. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

The top rail mount is not that complicated.

Its 3 pieces, two flat sides and one hunk of Weaver rail with holes drilled and tapped in the sides.

The two flat pieces do have little protrusions to fit into Steyr's proprietary rail system, but those protrusions could be little hunks of metal that are drilled, tapped and screwed into place.

[​IMG]

17. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I'm gonna guess it will be about $100.00 more than that.... plus or minus a few pennies....

:roll: :roll:

18. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I would gladly fork over $200 for a 9mm conversion slide, barrel and magazine for my M357-A1. Missed the boat at CDNN.

19. mike_hk2ksk

mike_hk2ksk New Member

John,

Why not buy the m9-a1 then. It is now $339 at CDNN. You get your $200 conversion kit plus spare mag plus extra recoil assembly, plus an extra frame for less then $100.

20. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Cause I ain't got $300+ yet, is why. So far I've managed to scrape up a measly $200, just enuf for the kit. Too late.

If there's any M9-A1s left at CDNN by the time my stash grows enough, that's likely what I will do. :mrgreen: