Newbie w/ concealco question

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by straight_shooter, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Hi all, First post to the website afer lurking in the shadows for a few days 8) . I have been reviewing the holster options for the m40-a1 and am leaning towards a concealco IWB after much reading. Just went to their website and they say that black is not any longer on the lead time than their standard brown. What is the typical lead time on their standard (non custom order) model, and has anyone ordered the black vs. the brown yet ?

Thanks in advance for your input....

2. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

I ordered the brown IWB about 4-5(?) months ago and it took 2 weeks to get it as they just ran out a few days before I ordered
    (that's what I get for calling and then waiting to send it in :lol: )

Concealco sent me an E-mail telling me they got my payment, then sent me an apology explaining the delay with the holster.
    It's been a great holster, no complaints, got nothing but good to say about how Concealco does business.

If you're worried about any delays, I'd just call and ask.
    I doubt a company that sends a hand written apology for a 1+ week delay in shipping would lie to you just to scam your money.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

That's usually the best way to find out. They sure won't mind talking to you and you will know exactly what to expect.

4. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I got a black Concealco Readyline for my G23 and a small flashlight holster a month or so ago. I had ordered the Readyline for my M40-A1 and it was taking longer than expected. I checked AKJ's FAQ and it said that if your order has not been received by a certain amount of time after you were told to expect it then give them a call, which I did. He was a pleasure to talk with and he let me change my order, switching the holster for the Steyr to one for my Glock. My order arrived shortly after.

It is a well made, hansome holster and I really like the one way snaps on the belt loops. I am new to IWB carry and had to buy shorts a couple of sizes larger then I usually wear in order to use the holster without pain. If I wear the holster in the 5 o' clock position it disappears under even a tight t-shirt, though the bottom of the holster digs into the top of my butt, and that is very uncomfortable.

If I wear it in the 4 o' clock position with a button down shirt, like a Hawaiian shirt, it is relatively comfortable and well concealed. I definitely recommended Concealco and am very impressed with his customer service. If I get another IWB holster I will most likely get another Concealco.

5. Order is complete

I went for it and ordered in black on monday - I expect it will be a week or two at most (then I will give them a call). The design just looks well made and reliable compared to some of the other types I have seen (and kydex id no where hear as nice as leather in my opinion.....

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Let us know how it feels. I agree on the point re: leather, and particularly for IWBs.

7. It is here!

Got a great surprise in the mail tody! :D The long awaited concealco is here. 8) It is a very comfortable carry holser (the last two hours that I have been wearing it anyway) and has already begun to break in (as they call it). The quality is fantastic, the fit to the A1 is perfect and the tension on the gun is ideal. It was worth the wait for sure, and the letter they enclosed with it explained the delay in shipping (I do not really think 3 1/2 weeks is long at all for a custom made holster - especially of this quality) as though it were delayed for a much longer time. I highly recommend them and will be getting one for my star 9mm as well from them shortly. The black is rally sharp and much nicer that brown IMHO.

8. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Cool! Glad you like it and the quality is consistent from them. Mine is just as nice.

The wait seems to be getting longer for them.
    Business must be picking up.

9. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Mine is on its way. I have heard very good things about this leather holster.

10. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Got my Concealco IWB today. I wanted a dual snap leather IWB for my Steyr MA1 to go with my Kydex Custom Carry from Rich. The Concealco is a beautiful holster, well-made, comfortable, ambidextrous (just reverse the rear loop), and quite a buy at $58. We are are lucky because Concealco has added the MA1 to their Ready Line. This means quick shipping (1-2 weeks on average). 'Can't beat that for a holster of this quality.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/kr ... steyr2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/kr ... eyr001.jpg

http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant. ... ode=051IWB

11. Hilborne

Hilborne New Member

Ordered my Ready Line in Concealco Brown on Nov 9th and received it Dec 6th. He was busy and Thanksgiving delayed things a bit, but the wait was worth it. A few hours wearing it and it is breaking in just fine. I think I'm going to settle on the 4 O'clock position, it seems to be the best for me. Kraigsters pictures are excellent and look just like mine.

Andy

12. Bo Heck

Bo Heck New Member

How is reholstering, is their method of mouth reinforcement effective?

13. motorhommie

motorhommie Guest

I liked what I saw and ordered a black IWB for my M40A1. It has been going on 2 or 3 months now. The guy spoke with me, seems honest and busy. I am having it customized for a tiny pictiny rail laser. I have sent him the laser so the fit is perfect. When I finally get the holster and laser back I will post with my comments.