Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am new to the Steyr; but not to shooting. I have been shooting for many many years. The other day I took my Gen 3 Glock 19, Sig 320, HK P 2000 and a brand new Steyr M9-A2 MF to the range. I shot all the pistols, except the Steyr, very well. Other than the Steyr they all shot in the center of the bullseye. When I shot the Steyr it shot way to the left of the bullseye ( 3 to 4 inches). I tried putting more finger on the trigger and got the same result. Now I like this pistol; but I do not know what caused me to shoot to the left. I tried two different brands of bullets with the same results. I don't know if either the triangular front sight threw me off; or I am doing something else to cause the bullets to impact to the left of the bullseye. . At this point I am seriously considering replacing the sights with either Trijicon or Tru glo sights.
Any comments of advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to ask what aftermarket sights are available for the M 2. Wil the ones for the M 1 fit the M 2?

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Forgot to ask what aftermarket sights are available for the M 2. Wil the ones for the M 1 fit the M 2?
Sights are the same A1 and A2, share the same so the trijicon s will work. For the issue, if you are lining the trap sights up correctly (check manual) is to look over the sights and make sure it’s drifted in correctly. Also check your supporting hand, with the lower angle of the steyr your might have raised your support up griping around the trigger guard pulling it over. With the angle of the steyr I have seen people use to 1911s start to pull over a bit more then usual

1 - 4 of 4 Posts