Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have come here trying to ID a rifle I am potentially looking at buying but cannot find out too much about it. Here is the link to the site. If anyone could help me out I would be really grateful.
Regards
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Hey, what are you looking for. Looks like a model M luxus. Some info is here on them but any specific questions? They are what I would call higher end hunting rifles with great triggers and very smooth. I have had limited experience but those who have them tend to want a level of detail and care you can’t get with many polymer bolt actions. Always thought the trigger was a awesome design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, what are you looking for. Looks like a model M luxus. Some info is here on them but any specific questions? They are what I would call higher end hunting rifles with great triggers and very smooth. I have had limited experience but those who have them tend to want a level of detail and care you can’t get with many polymer bolt actions. Always thought the trigger was a awesome design.
Thank you. The information I am looking for is: 1.0 are they collectible? I am more of a collector than a shooter. 2.0 How sort after are they and 3.0 value
Kind regards
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Yes on collectible, I think they are pretty fascinating. Prices are hard to say these days and there really has never been a large inventory of them sitting around. I was seeing them around 2k depending on length and what it’s chambered in. The full stock are harder to find and will rise the price up and if it’s 270 the price often goes up again. Scopes will rise them up to. Now if you want a short stock you could find one for a good bit cheaper, pretty sure I saw a 3006 short luxus for 1600 the other day, but it was well loved, as in good amount of wear / dings. Also seen them high as 2700 for the full stock luxus 270 in great shape. This is also just my experience in the US market. Supply and demand in your local AO will alter that considerably.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts