Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, but not new to Steyr's, not that I have very many. I have a Steyr GB I bought new in the early 80's and it has been my favorite pistol ever since. I did get the factory compensator for it and that was a great addition.
I ran across this forum while searching for information on the M9-A2 and got a lot of great information from here, especially in the holster and extra magazine area. I was cautioned that buying a Steyr meant hard to find mags, holsters almost non-existent, and manufacturer support almost doesn't exist. Reading on here I find that not to be necessarily true.
So here I am and hello to everyone.

K22

·
Super Moderator
409 Posts
Welcome. Gear isn’t impossible to find, it’s just reduced vender support. Some after market like with ranger precision has gone away but you can still get optics cuts, magazines, holsters, and small stuff like guide rods or sights. The A1 series did have some draw backs but outside of a factory cut the A2 series has addressed short comings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. Gear isn’t impossible to find, it’s just reduced vender support. Some after market like with ranger precision has gone away but you can still get optics cuts, magazines, holsters, and small stuff like guide rods or sights. The A1 series did have some draw backs but outside of a factory cut the A2 series has addressed short comings.
Thanks for the welcome Zudrick and the info.
I looked at the A2 today and boy do I like it. I love how it points and fits the hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from MI

can’t go wrong with a M9
[/QUOTE
Thanks for the welcome AUGop41.
I bought the A2 I was looking at. Not exactly what I wanted, but I'll be happy. I wanted a M9 but all they had was the L9. The dealer claimed they could not get any more at this time. Bummer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an M9A1 and an L9A1. I couldn’t pick between the 2 in regards to the shooting experience. The L maybe has a little less recoil though both are exceptionally low in this regard. The M is probably a more practical overall length but it’s not that big of a difference.
if you get an L9 and enjoy it an M9 and maybe a C9 will likely follow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm worried that will happen. LOL
I am going to look and maybe do some trading for 2 new in the box Steyr pistols that a friend has. He has no idea what model they are so at this point it is a maybe.
I haven't shot the L9 yet, so at this time my favorite pistol is this one.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome! They are addictive! I have the C’s and L’s in the A1 and A2. There is only ~ 3/4” difference in length between the 2.
Finally got a chance to shoot the L9 I bought. All I can say is awesome, I love it. It did seem to shoot to the left a bit, but I'll practice more with it and see if that gets corrected.

·
Registered
19 Posts
New to this forum, but not new to Steyr's, not that I have very many. I have a Steyr GB I bought new in the early 80's and it has been my favorite pistol ever since. I did get the factory compensator for it and that was a great addition.
I ran across this forum while searching for information on the M9-A2 and got a lot of great information from here, especially in the holster and extra magazine area. I was cautioned that buying a Steyr meant hard to find mags, holsters almost non-existent, and manufacturer support almost doesn't exist. Reading on here I find that not to be necessarily true.
So here I am and hello to everyone.

K22
Welcome . and hopefully enjoy.I do not belongto blog pages, but this one is worth it and never a bother. Love my M9A1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts