Newbie here, S9-A1 on order

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by YellowPerchMan, Dec 12, 2012.

1. YellowPerchMan

YellowPerchMan New Member

Hello everyone.....first time poster here. Due to the experience I've had with the Sig Sauer P938 and a 10-15% FTE rate with my first outing at the range :wall:, I have placed a S-A1, 9mm on order with my LGS. :drool: Hopefully it serves me well!!!!

2. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Welcome to steyr club.

Just to forewarn you, our pistols require a break in most generally.
    So you might experience a few FTE's, you might not.

I've seen a couple, but others have seen more. *shrugs*

3. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub!

4. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

I too purchased a S9-A1 a few weeks ago. LISTEN! These pistols are tight as a drum when new. You may as well buy you about 500 rounds of decent ammo and get at breaking it in. Do not overly lube it while you are breaking it in. Don't get discouraged if you have some burps n it at first. It's the best made polymer gun I have ever touched. I love mine and do not regret buying it. I would buy the Sub-Compact model if it ever makes it to the USA market. I will look forward to you posting about your new SA1.

5. YellowPerchMan

Thank you for the greetings ETH -- and a fellow Libertarian, indeed!!

Thank you Wayne and Talyn for the warnings about hiccups with the Steyr. I greatly appreciate the information. I'm not normally a patient individual; however, coming from knowledgeable people and now that I know in advance, I will most definitely give it a fair shake!!! I admit, I didn't due my research prior to the P938 as it was more an "impulse buy" at a gun show. Then when it failed me from a highly esteemed (in my mind) manufacturer, well, I got antsy.

I have 200 rounds of Speer Lawman 124gr on its way with the order. Hopefully that will get me on my way to breaking her in. Rather than waste people's time in reposting old information, I will look down through the threads for questions I have. :)

6. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Good deal.

Put some rounds though it and see what it does.

If your having issues, change your lubrication.

If after a few rounds and still having issue, we'll get it straitened out for you.

7. YellowPerchMan

Alright, my Steyr will arrive at the FFL on Monday most likely. I will pick it up on Friday with an order of 300 rounds. The same day I pick up my Sig P938 that was returned from the manufacturer for repair. Looks like I have some playing around to do at the range!!!

8. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I'm jealous!