Steyr Club Forums banner
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jhb 
#1 ·
Hello,
I just started with my training and applied for an OZ gun licence which will hopefully be granted in about 10 months time.
I want to get into IPSC shooting.
By asking arround nobody would have heard of anybody shooting the M9-A1 in competition.
So I am just wondering where I could try this gun in the Brisbane / Gold Coast Area and where I could get customer support / service / spares in my area if I decided to buy one once my licence is issued.
The L9-A1 looks even more attractive to me - does anyone know when it will be available in Australia? And will it be on the list for approved Australian IPSC production pistols?
Best Regards
Rob

#2 ·
Welcome to the SteyrClub!

ThaiBoxer here on this site has used the M9-A1 for USPSA and IDPA competition, done quite well too! I used the M40-A1 for USPSA and loved it, but I wanted to move to an SAO config, so I sold it and got a cz75B SAO .40.

The traps give you excellent target acquisition speed, bested only possibly by the QS from Caracal. The traps are superior for longer range shots (17-30m).

#6 · (Edited)
G'day, Rob :)

Welcome ta The Club, Mate.

I spent a year in Canungra and up at Eagle Heights, Tamborine Mountain. Worked all along the Gold Coast for a contractor as a chippie.

I really miss my mates. *sigh*

Seems we hava nuther Aussie SC Bro in The Brizzy area. I'll see if I can locate that info, or better yet, mayb he'll get this post an' PM ya for a meet.

Anyway, I hope ta get back ta OZ for a spell an' taka putt on my ol' '81 Harley Sporty up an' down the Gold Coast an' down ta Byron for a few cold tinnies o' XXXX Gold at The Beach Club. My Sporty is still in Canungra with my contractor mate. Just didn't have the heart ta yank it back ta The States an' leave him with only an' old 1936 Sunbeam for his putts. <shrug>

Take care, Bro.

Wulf <-- always loved Sunday arvo at The Beach Club with 'is mates

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.