Newb

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Subcanis, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Subcanis

Subcanis New Member

Hey, I just picked up an M9 about 3 hours ago. Going to go shoot it this sunday morning with some friends. Feels like a really solid gun, and at 300 bucks, I think its a great value.

I do have a few questions (that Im sure get asked over and over - sorry). Where should I look for a light mount and some high cap mags? Any places online that are good?

Sorry, not only am I new to Steyr, but Im new to guns in general (other than my .22 lol)

Thanks!

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

congrats.......you'll enjoy your m9......if you go to the Web Links on the Left you'll find lots of options from holsters to mags......I'm not sure about the light mount........its an odd piece..........don't forget to post a range report......

3. Subcanis

Subcanis New Member

Right on, thanks! I will do so, although I dont know how valuable itll be. the only other handguns I've fired are a P85 and a Glock 17, and I only put about 50 rounds through each of those.

4. ScottW

ScottW New Member

Make sure to give your M9 a good cleaning & lube before you take it out. It's easy if you follow the tutorials (links on the left side).

On the light rail adapter, I think it looks kinda funny because your light will be hanging quite a bit below the rail. We have a pic on the forum of an M40 with an adapter, but an M9 would look the same.
    click here
    I hear the adapter goes for about $60.

For full capacity magazines (14 rounds ain't "high" cap, 100 rounds maybe LOL)... forum member madecov is selling some, check in the group buy forum. You can also get them from On Point Firearms I believe, and a few other places.

5. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

good luck!

mags, both 10 and 14 rd cn be had from CDNNinvesments.com for $10 and $30 respectively.

the light mount adapter...well it has been sold out for months, and probably will be for a while to come. The last one i saw, was the one i bought, and later sold after deciding that i would probably never use it.

Good luck finding one....and right now if you get it under $75 i'll be impressed, and then you still need the light....

adds up in a hurry.

If i decide on getting a gun light, it will be after i purchase another 9mm of some sort....the M9 looks too damn good to fugly up with that light mount.....thinking the new rugers with the rail are looking good....i hear they will pretty much eat any ammo....and while my M9 shoots pretty much great, it has gaged on WWB 2x, wolf actually worked pretty well in it.

6. Subcanis

Subcanis New Member

Fantastic, thanks everyone!

7. bigbob68

bigbob68 New Member

Welcome and seek mags from madecov, a member here and you will be very happy that you did.

8. mike1

mike1 Member

dittos on what bigbob68 said...

9. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

Congrats on a great purchase and welcome to the club \:D/

your hazing will commence immediately and not let up until you post a range report.

10. Subcanis

Subcanis New Member

LOL, I can take a lil hazing;)

Now, Ill get my flamesuit on, and ask what exatcly consists of a range report. Like I said, Im a complete newb to this. All I know is I like shooting.

I did get a holster from my local store today, its an uncle mikes. Fits decent. It was cheap and I was just looking for something to keep it in while it resides in my center console (legal where I live). :thumbup:

11. hiramabiff

hiramabiff New Member

Just have to take note of the number of rounds, the type/s of ammo you used, distance... of you can take pix of the punch board the better.

you may also include the groupings of shots or basically just tell us your story on the range...

... have fun and great shooting! Welcome to the club! :wink: