New (Well sort of) Steyr M9 owner

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by TurnerJN, Feb 5, 2008.

1. TurnerJN

TurnerJN Guest

Hi y'all,

back in the middle of december, I purchased a used Steyr m9 at the gun show. A Steyr m9, not an ma 1. I had been looking for one I could actually handle for quite a while, and somehow I found one. $330. They had Ma 1's, but I did not like how large the Ma1's were from the front sight to the base of the dust cover. I carry a G19, and the m9 they had looked like it would not fit my smartcarry.
    Now, over a month and 600 rounds later, I couldn't be more pleased. The oft complained about extractor issues have been absent on my gun. I am at best a mediocre pistol shooter, but my groupings have gotten at least twice at tight than with the g19. Ironic, I bought the m9 as a secondary to the G19, but now the roles have been reversed. The m9 now goes everywhere. I won't be selling the G19 (sentemental value) but I am beyond impressed with this gun. 0 malfunctions and while I don't have a scale, the trigger does feel like the 4.8 lbs mentioned in the manual. I never liked safetys or really understood their value on a handgun, I really like the Steyr design. For $330, I could have done a whole lot worse!

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Welcome to SteyrClub!!!!

Sounds like you've been bitten by the Steyr!!!

Glad to hear you've had zero failures with yours.

Now that you're one of us, don't be shy....

...feel free to jump right in and share one of the best kept secrets today!!!

Cheers!!