New Training Academy?

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by dcroc52, Dec 18, 2017.

1. dcroc52

dcroc52 New Member

I was on steyr arms website earlier and saw where there is a training academy section that says coming soon, March 2018. Has anyone heard of any details on that?

2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

I have been asking for a Armor class .
    they told me that they were working on it

3. dcroc52

dcroc52 New Member

That would be awesome. I live fairly close to Bessemer but still haven't seen their facility so wasn't sure if they have a range or something there that may eventually include some hands on firearms training. Kinda like the sig academy setup.

4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Went to their HQ this year it's a small building but the new one that they are building is supposed to be pretty big I know they have a range facility that they use their in Birmingham to do the shoots at. I was told just to keep an eye out that they were in the process of starting things in the new year

5. mpd3285

mpd3285 New Member

Training Academy is offering Armorers classes and AUG, Scout, and precision rifle classes. 2 day classes are free with the purchase of a Steyr rifle with a $1250 or higher MSRP. Check out steyrdifference.com

Case likes this.
  6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

I went to the classes. I have Armorer Llc 01 , 01 in pistol &AUG. And helped with the updates to those classes.

Michael Dobesch and SurfGent like this.
  7. JoJoabab

JoJoabab New Member

I just signed up for the Steyr pistol armorers class at the CMP range in Talladega on May 17.

Case, SurfGent and Michael Dobesch like this.
  8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

It's a fun class.

9. JoJoabab

JoJoabab New Member

Review of Steyr Academy- Steyr Pistol Armorers Class. Lunch provided by Steyr.
    Attended the class on May 17, 2019 at the CMP range in Talladega Al.
    Class Started at 8:30 and finished at 4:00. Eduardo Fontcuberta was the instructor, he is very knowledgeable and does a great job presenting the course material. The course goes through field strip, complete disassembly and assembly, troubleshooting and the differences in the Gen 1 through Gen 4 plus the new MF.
    The things I see lacking is the presentation material is not as polished as the Glock Armorer Course. The manual is single sided pages that was printed on a copying machine and put in a three ring binder. There are parts diagrams and a parts listed without prices. To order parts we were told to call Jeff at the Steyr office in Bessemer Al. There is no pistol inspection form for final inspection after reassembly. Steyr does not require you to re-certify every 3 years like Glock does which is a good thing.
    Overall a good experience.