Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
So I'm new to the Steyr world. I think the designs are really neat. I've been thinking about a 40SW as with the current craziness I have a hard time finding 9mm and 45ACP but 40SW is everywhere. A local LGS has a Stey M40-A1 with SOM date code, so 2005? Gun is in good shape and comes with two mags for $400. In doing some research I saw that in 2010 some improvements were made to the trigger. Is it worth trying to find a new M40-A1 for these improvements or should I go with what I can get easily?

Thanks,
-TR

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not a bad price for a 2005 M40-A1. I'm not a .40 owner but I have noticed ammo is available locally where 9mm and .45ACP isn't.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to the SteyrClub!

You got a good deal. If the weapon is clean, and undamaged, you can get almost the same trigger pull as the new ones with a little careful polishing of some non-critical surfaces. There are excellent tutorials here in the Downloads section to help. If DIY isn't your thing, then maybe investing a little more for a newer (post 2010) M40-A1 might be better.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's a good time to have a 40 or 357sig.

I'm pretty short on 9mm ammo. =\

Good to go on the glock 20 though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
BTW,

Welcome To Steyr Club.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a bad price for a 2005 M40-A1. I'm not a .40 owner but I have noticed ammo is available locally where 9mm and .45ACP isn't.
I have an M40 (just purchased to replace my previous one, which I sold) and have been shooting .40 for some time. I like the .40 as a defensive round, slightly hotter than 9mm on the recoil, but controllable. I am betting that the .40 will be the next to go crazy as the 9mm dries up in today's market.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to Steyr, the most underrated gun on the market. It's a fine piece. Reliable, accurate, easy to shoot. Due to the ergonomics and nose weight, recoil is negligible. OK, M40-A1, that's the full size and this ain't no little gun. If you think you can conceal it, go for it. You won't be sorry. As for the trigger, just polish everything up and you're good to go.

PS - Good price, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts