New To the Steyr family

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by mauifreediver, Aug 23, 2012.

1. mauifreediver

mauifreediver New Member

Aloha Y'all, My name is Colin and live in Austin Texas as of 2 years ago. I lived in Maui for the last 23 years and honestly shot maybe three guns in that time. I'm keepin it on the down low that I dont know squat about firearms, but I'm a pro at spearfishing guns. I took those red snapper's on my avatar at the rigs with my Daryl Wong speargun. The Texas Gulf has an incredible amount of fish. Your all very lucky. I'm picking up my Steyr from a gun shop after a three day hold for what ever reason that was. My father sent an old M40. I took a CHL class last week and about to turn in all my paperwork, but now its time to get familiar with this gun. There seems to be a lot of great tutorials on this site and I've looked at a lot of them. I cant wait to take this thing apart, clean and lube her up and pop a few in the afternoon. As far as I know this gun is totally stock. My father bought it from his brother because he needed money years ago. Is there anything I should be aware of with this model? I remember reading something about some extractor pin, and spring, possible wrong amount of coils in the mags? Dont know if this was with the M40, but I'll go back and check it out. Glad you guys are here to help me out with my new Land toy. Ill apologize now for being so green and not knowing all the correct terms, but i will catch on with your help. Thanks all and look forward to talkin with y'all. Aloha once again, Colin

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Colin :)

...an' welcome ta The Club, Bro. :thumbsup:

1) Pick up a new model extractor from Jeff at SAI (Phone: (205) 655-8299 ... an' tell 'im ur an SC Member)

2) Get your BT M Series upgrades from http://btguiderods.com/

3) Do a read on the 1911 extractor fix here --> https://www.steyrclub.com/vb/threads...he-1911-plunger-spring-enhancement-to-fix-FTE

Bro, ya gonna love it!

...and spend some time checkin' out the wealth of knowledge made available from your Club Bro's at SC.

Take care. :)

Wulf <-- proud o' the SC database

3. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub!

You're in a wonderful place to own guns and shoot! Target, hunting, competition - you've got it all in Texas. Enjoy!

4. mauifreediver

mauifreediver New Member

I appreciate it guys...Will get on the suggested fixes today. Cant wait!!

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Shoot it first. Don't go swapping parts if the gun runs fine. Save the troubleshooting for when/if you actually run into trouble.

Welcome to the club!

6. cleveland

cleveland New Member

Welcome to Steyr Club!

7. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Nice avatar.

Welcome new member!

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Welcome ans Aloha.
    Shoot away.