New to Steyr Club

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Suppo, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Suppo

Suppo Guest

Hello,

I just picked up my Steyr M9A1 from CDNN this past week. They certainly do have a great deal on this pistol.

It was a little wider than I expected, but it the grip feels outstanding. While I have heard that some don't like the sights, I actually like the triangle/trapezoid configuration.

Anyway, I hope to fire it soon.

Take care,

Suppo

2. silver x0ne

silver x0ne New Member

grats on the purchase! :) I hope you truly enjoy the gun, I know I do. I never really got adjusted to the trap sites but I am going to give it another shot when I get back home. May I ask how much you paid to the FFL? I am trying to get a friend to buy one from there :)

Let us know how your first trip works out for you!
    BTW, don't use shit ammo, these guns like the good stuff... hell even CCI blazer has been working well for me. (I think the issue is the steel cased for the most part).

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

We have a running "known offender" list in the ammo section if you're interested. Excellent choice in pistol, and welcome to the club! 8)

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Newbies left and right 8)
    Welcome

5. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i love the sights.

so much so that i bought the sights and learned to love the rest of the gun.

funny how people can have such varying reactions to the same objects.

someone should study this. we'll call them phsycologists.

syntax... get to work on this!!! we need college interns telling marketing managers what to do immediately!!!

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

oh yeah...

welcome to the club suppo!!!

show us what you can do with those sights. range report NOW!!!!

7. Dag

Dag Guest

Steyr Sights

+1
    I LOVE these sights. If I could get them, I'd put them on all my other guns. Talk about picking up the front sight quickly! Great stuff! It doesn't bother me that they're not night sights, either. If I can't see my sights, I sure can't see the target well enough to shoot it. Besides, I use a tactical flashlight. We don't need no stinkin' night sights! :wink:

Welcome to Steyr Club. I don't think you'll be disappointed, and don't be afraid to jump in and give us your 2 cents. :)

Dag

8. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

that's exactly how i feel.

one of the rules is, "be sure of your target and what lies beyond"

if i can't see that big white triangle, i'm definitely not going to see the hottie in the steeler gear at the other end of that dark alley.

9. NicoX

NicoX New Member

U will be proud of it..

every day I shoot mine, I like it more..

Congrat´s and go to the raaaaaange!! :p