New to site. Wish I had bought 10 M357's now.

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by PACNWDude, Jan 17, 2008.

1. PACNWDude

PACNWDude New Member

Just found this site and after seeing it, I wish I had bought 10 M357's. Did not know I had one of the rarer models out there. Enjoy shooting it though and bought it about a year ago as part of a package deal. Local gun shop had it with spare magazine (12 rounds), DeSantis holster and magazine carrier all for a pretty good price. Could not pass it up and had the choice of .40 cal or .357 SIG. Got the .357 since it was sitting there the longest so the dealer wanted to get it sold. Took some money off the price and threw in an extra couple magazines. Have 5 magazines that say M357 on them. Nice to know .40 cal ones work as well though. Will lay in some of these too. Thank you all for the great info. Will buy up a .40cal if I find one.

So far no mechanical issues and have put about 1000 rounds through it.

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome to the club within a club, the M357 Club at SteyrClub. If you wanta unload that monster, the line will form quickly here, they're scarce as hen's teeth.

And do you know about the M40-A1s and M9-A1s on sale at CDNN for $339? Call, don't bother to use their site, it sucketh, as the KJV says.

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

1000 rounds of 357sig?

you rolling your own ammo?

or are you enjoying the financial virtues of being happily single?

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

BT reminded me, if you're not rolling your own ammo, do you know about the best buy I've found on .357 Sig?

Georgia Arms has 500 rds. of factory reloads for $117.50.

I just picked up 500 and they put it in a mil surplus ammo box for the price. :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]

5. Soverign

Soverign Premium Member

+1 on GA ammo!! I just got me a M40 barreless and a 357 barrel and poof! A M357!!!

6. PACNWDude

PACNWDude New Member

Rolling my own .357 mostly, and Cor-bon for defense loads. Although I usually use my 9mm HK for carry now. 9mm is a lot less expensive to practice with these days.