Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I am excited to be a new AUG A3 M1 owner in a few days — should be shipping out to my local FFL shortly. I spent the weekend absorbing everything I could find on the AUG and settled on the following:

AUG A3 M1 - Mud Color Non-Nato Version

• 4 Additional 30 RND Magazines
    • Corvus Defensio Charging Handle
    • Corvus Defensio Enhanced Magazine Release
    • Corvus Defensio Case Deflector
    • Trijicon MRO HD with 3X Magnifier
    • Ratworks 20/20 Precision Trigger Sear Mod
    • Ratworks 20/20 Precision Tr-1A (Front Grip Rail)
    • Foregrip (TBD - Looking for non-folding, comfort and style similar to Steyr design)
    • Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling
* TBD Flashlight

Does anyone know if you can buy the longer barrels (24”) for the LMG setup?

Lastly, I wonder if Steyr would wise to venture forth into a next gen AUG rifle —AUG II? (new stock design, improved trigger group, rail system, and with same barrel swap technology)?

· Administrator
488 Posts
Nice setup, I’m fairly similar. I would recommended a surfire scout for a light. For some cool videos tn Steyr has some. The 24 barrels do pop up from time to time but tend to be crazy on price. You can get a 20 and a ratworks bipod to be similar for far less. As for a new version the only thing I have seen is the Aug swat that is for sale in Europe that might make its way here but it’s a might.

· Registered
69 Posts
You are on the correct path-when you get the TSM you may have to adjust the trigger linkage to take care of any slop/pre travel. I use Trijicon LPVO’s or MRO’s on every main stick I have. Accupower 1-8 on my A3 and I even put an RMR on my integrated 3x M1. I love their product and they are based not too far from me. Great supporters of local 3 gun and other shooting sports here. All their products are great except 1-the magnifier. Trijicon stuff is made in America or Japan until the magnifier came out and it’s made in China. It’s still a good magnifier but overpriced for what it is. Holosun and Vortex magnifiers will work just as well at lower cost. Also you won’t have room for backups if you do the red dot magnifier combo.
24” barrels are rare and just hope they bring more in. Ratworx and Pete Athens are your go to shops.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice setup, I’m fairly similar. I would recommended a surfire scout for a light. For some cool videos tn Steyr has some. The 24 barrels do pop up from time to time but tend to be crazy on price. You can get a 20 and a ratworks bipod to be similar for far less. As for a new version the only thing I have seen is the Aug swat that is for sale in Europe that might make its way here but it’s a might.
Thanks Zurdrick —I’ll keep an eye out for barrels and will checkout surfire. I’ve typically stopped short of adding a light on my other rifles (mainly modern M16 clones) and just stuck with optic and BUIS. But, I think this rifle would be fun to try a light on.

The SWAT looks like a changed out front foregrip and rail (Magpul) — both ratworks and Corvus offer a similar mod. So really the only difference I’m seeing is a unique upper rail with integrated BUIS, correct? I mean we can pretty much do this now. Oh, they did add a deflector too — again though.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are on the correct path-when you get the TSM you may have to adjust the trigger linkage to take care of any slop/pre travel. I use Trijicon LPVO’s or MRO’s on every main stick I have. Accupower 1-8 on my A3 and I even put an RMR on my integrated 3x M1. I love their product and they are based not too far from me. Great supporters of local 3 gun and other shooting sports here. All their products are great except 1-the magnifier. Trijicon stuff is made in America or Japan until the magnifier came out and it’s made in China. It’s still a good magnifier but overpriced for what it is. Holosun and Vortex magnifiers will work just as well at lower cost. Also you won’t have room for backups if you do the red dot magnifier combo.
24” barrels are rare and just hope they bring more in. Ratworx and Pete Athens are your go to shops.
Thanks AUGop41, I really like Trijicon also (VCOG 1X8, and 2 ACOGs). The MRO HD and magnifier both arrived today and appear to be quality optics — hoping everything proves to be so at the range too. This will be my first step into using a red dot.

I have heard good things about Holosun and Vortex. I did mount a Primary Arms “GLx 2X Prism with ACSS CQB” on my AK with a side rail, and it’s been fantastic — I highly recommend for anybody exploring something for an AK.

In regards to a BUIS, I was thinking of a 45 degree offset — I am hoping there is enough extended rail for the rear sight and the magnifier. Although I have to see if the magnifier is obstructed by the 45 BUIS when swung off to the side. If so, I’ll have to live without the BUIS and resort to point and shoot during the zombie apocalypse.

· Registered
69 Posts
That’s actually good news that’s it’s made in the Philippines. They make some of the vortex scopes there. I had a Gen 2 pst 1-6 made there and it was pretty damn good. I am a little biased being Filipino myself. Looks like they switched production based on serial #.
Digital camera Camera lens Point-and-shoot camera Reflex camera Camera accessory

My main AUG has had an MRO then an accupoint 1-4, then a 1-6 both with green triangles then finally an Accupower 1-8 red mil. My VCOG has the bobro mount and is a knuckle buster so it’s on my Virtus. Offsets might get you brass rod face even with a deflector.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Offsets might get you brass rod face even with a deflector.
I didn’t think about that — good point.

Previous to this optic set, all my Trijicons were for a M4, M16A4 and M27 clones. I’ve been interested in Sig, although I have yet to get a rifle from them. The Sig MCX Spear will make my list if it wins the NGSW contract.

· Administrator
488 Posts
Thanks Zurdrick —I’ll keep an eye out for barrels and will checkout surfire. I’ve typically stopped short of adding a light on my other rifles (mainly modern M16 clones) and just stuck with optic and BUIS. But, I think this rifle would be fun to try a light on.

The SWAT looks like a changed out front foregrip and rail (Magpul) — both ratworks and Corvus offer a similar mod. So really the only difference I’m seeing is a unique upper rail with integrated BUIS, correct? I mean we can pretty much do this now. Oh, they did add a deflector too — again though.
Pretty much, while a new model, most are fairly minor except they are selling that with their own suppressor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.