New Thread ? Admins Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by midtnshooter, Jan 24, 2008.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Can we start a new thread that will state world news concerning the US, it's allies and the foes? A thread where all information must have reputable sources, no jimboswebsite.com, but something that holds a reputation. A thread that will be well observed to avoid any hysteria , but something that alerts us exactly what is happening overseas.

Something like http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/01/airforce_china_strategy_080121/

We can discuss what measures have been taken and what should be done. I know that this is not Steyr related, but most of us come here (SteyrClub) for more than just our weapons.

There are alot of individuals who keep up with these type of topics, would submit and allow The Pub a place that would give a lighter side of life, like Joke of the Day, instead of world news.

Please email me with your (all admins) opinions. If you need a researcher/admin, let me know.

MTS

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It seems to me that a single thread would get cluttered up in no time if you are posting links and discussing, plus one would not be able to go back and specifically address a previous story without interrupting whatever dialog was already in progress about the latest and greatest post.

In large part, the Pub is currently used for this purpose... I, for one, do not think we would benefit from further breaking up the forum into more sections - it detracts from the clean look and makes the posting/surfing process more labored.

3. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Yeah, I guess you are so right. I also thought that a single thread would get cut to pieces and important information would be scattered throughout. It would be like listening in on multiple conversations that would loose so many poeples attention span.

Though somethings are important, I didn't want to post things just because they are out there. That was the reason I asked if it would be possible. Just because it is possible really doesn't make it worth the pain.

Thanks Syn,
    MTS