Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I recently purchased a Stery M9-A1 upon the recommendation of a salesperson at Cabelas. My intention is to use it as a concealed weapon as I have completed my CWP course in Missouri and 'am awaiting the final background check etc., to be completed.

Is there a draw back to this weapon in that there is no (per say) a manual safety.

Thanks

C. Kirby

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Welcome aboard!!
Drawbacks?!? I cant find a M357A1 to buy and shoot.
I have a M9 and M40 A1.
Love'm and would not trade them in, EVER.

As for the safety, keep your finger off the trigger!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Last one I saw was on GunBroker, went for $450 I think.
That is one SWEET Pistol. And rare too, not many 357's A1 w/safety were imported into the US.
If you really really want one, then $500 or less is worth it IMHO as you wont see another one unless your Babj's.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Manual safety's are a personal choice. I have an S9, S40, M40 and an M9-A1. All of them have the manual safety and whenever I carry one of my S-models I always have one in the tube with the safety on. The Steyr safety is so easy to manipulate with one finger that I see no downside to using it. However, my Primary carry weapon is a Radom P64 with manual thumb safety and I never carry it with the safety on.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
unless you are using a single action trigger like 1911 you don't need a safety. Even carrying a Beretta i wouldn't put the safety on. Finally got rid of all Beretta's. Steyrs are awesome.....welcome aboard....wear it train with it..:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great guns. Safeties that is the thing between your ears. Be safe have fun and spend lots of money shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.