Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a steyr 9mm used from a local pawn shop. Gun feels great and if it wasn't pouring outside i would be shooting it to try it out.

While i was admiring my new steyr i noticed that my slide Only has Steyr M9 on it not the M9-A1. I has the new lower frame and all the serial numbers match up. so i'm a bit confused. what is the difference between the M9 and the M9-A1?

Can't wait for a range trip, the Steyr feels great and i hope it performs as i'm expecting it to.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just picked up a steyr 9mm used from a local pawn shop. Gun feels great and if it wasn't pouring outside i would be shooting it to try it out.

While i was admiring my new steyr i noticed that my slide Only has Steyr M9 on it not the M9-A1. I has the new lower frame and all the serial numbers match up. so i'm a bit confused. what is the difference between the M9 and the M9-A1?

Can't wait for a range trip, the Steyr feels great and i hope it performs as i'm expecting it to.
it more than likely is an older weapon, go through the forums, you'll find a lot of good info regarding your new gun

·
Registered
632 Posts

It's nothing to be sad about, the Standard M series is still a great pistol from what I've read. The m-A1 series has a few upgrades in the slide and slide parts.

A few members on here prefer the M series lower and just run the new A1 series slide on it.

Either way, you got yourself a good pistol. Let us know how it works for you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all of my concerns have been settled. Took it out yesterday and put 115 rounds through it, all reloads without a hiccup. Very accurate, and easy to shoot. It handled much better than my g17, and i'm very satisfied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts