Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the steyr club and excited to now be apart of it, I just purchased my first steyr and really like it, I need some advise or helpful tips from you guys that are far more experienced then I am. I bought this gun to be my everyday concealed carrier weapon but right now I do not trust it with my life. I have put about five hundred rounds through it and even with different brands of ammo it will fail to eject at least every forty rounds. What can I do with the existing stock parts or what aftermarket upgrade parts can I buy to make this gun dependable and flawless? Thanks in advance for any great knowledge passed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi: I'm not an expert on the Steyr M series, but I recently bought one of the gray-market guns imported by PW Arms and had similar issues using Sellier & Bellot ammo. A friend shot some of his crappy Russian steel cased Tulammo through it and it jammed on him once as well. My guns issues were resolved by shooting Federal (red box) and Winchester (white box) 9mm. Speer Lawman and Blaser aluminum cased ammo worked flawlessly as well. If yours is one of the older gray-market guns, it may have an old style extractor. Steyr USA has really stepped up to the plate and will service the gray-market guns. so if using high(er) quality ammo does not solve the issue (which it sounds like you have already tried), give them a call.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A newbie here but there are some on site tutorials on different methods to fix the FTEs, also Steyr USA will send you a replacement extractor at no cost to you from what I gather. Big Taco has some awesome aftermarket tweak tutorials (on this site) and parts that will absolutely improve your firearm in the performance and reliability department, check out BT Guide Rods website. You can also easily add Traction Grips cut specifically for your Steyr.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I second the comment on only using quality ammo. I would also mark your magazines and see if the issue happens with only one magazine. I have 7 magazines and my gun will not lock back when the final round is fired, out of 2 of my magazines. Also have you cleaned your gun in the 500 rounds you have fired? New guns need a break in period as well. But to be sure you know what fixes the problem only change one thing at a time. If you change more than one thing at a time you will not be able to tell what fixed the issue. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts