New Rifles

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by nc_gunner, Mar 7, 2007.

1. nc_gunner

nc_gunner Guest

Couldn't help but jump in on the CDNN sale... got these two while the gettin' was good.

Steyr ProHunter Synthetic w/ stainless steel barrel. Chambered in .30-06, 23.6 inch barrel version. This is my new deer rifle, too bad it's still 8 months until next season :cry:

[​IMG]

Here's a second pic that shows off the finish work on the stainless. It's not a high polish, they spiral ground it in a beautiful pattern along the entire barrel length. The worksmanship is, as I expected from a Steyr, impeccable. Still debating on the scope to mount, thinking about getting a Nikon Buckmaster.

[​IMG]

On a completely different topic... my new Bushmaster M4A3. This will be mainly a range rifle, looking at picking up a 24" V Match upper in 6 months or so to make it a longer distance range run (600-800yds). For now, it's just a "fun gun".

[​IMG]

EDIT: until I can get this image hosting thing worked out, here's a link to the public photo album: http://picasaweb.google.com/p.mitchell15/NewRifles

2. olli9022

olli9022 Steyr Mannlicher Representative

Congratulations on your new STEYR MANNLICHER rifles. The "spiral markings" on your rifle are typical STEYR MANNLICHER (all rifles have these markings). These are the "cold hammer forging marks". Every STEYR rifle has a cold hammer forged barrel...... great accuracy out of the box. Lifetime of the barrels are also incredible.

3. alagator

alagator New Member

NCgunner, I've got a couple of those prohunters- 270 mountain, and 7mm rem mag stainless. I looked at a lot of scopes, and decided on Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10 x 50. Close second was a Sightron. The Bushnell was very bright, and has the rain-resistant lens coating. You can shop around and find some good prices on the web. You are going to love hunting with that prohunter.

4. nc_gunner

nc_gunner Guest

Thanks for the recommendation gator. I'd been looking at a Nikon Buckmaster, but am still just looking around. Rain resistant is very important for me because I'll probably be doing a fair amount of my hunting in Vermont in November. Not a hospitable time of year to be outside up there, but if you can stand the rain/snow/freezing rain/cold, the deer are plentiful and fairly smart. Rain resistance and anti-fog coating quality will be a big deciding factor for me because of that so I'll take a look at the Bushnell Elites.

5. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I own a few of the Nikon Buckmaster scopes. The glass is very clear for it's price range.