New owner

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Firecracker, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Firecracker

Firecracker New Member

Hi...once again!

Great news...I'm now a new owner of M9A1! It was supposed to be my Christmas gift, but I took it to the outdoor range day before...I couldn't wait :) And it was awesome!!! A1 fits my hands perfectly. It's really accurate compared to Glock. Took only 100 rounds (didn't have more ammo with me :( )...no FTE's, no FTF's, just only few brass hitting my head. GREAT!!! And I love the sights...they are perfect!

Two things that I wonder now are:

1) The firing pin leaves an interesting trace on the brass...kind of elliptic or more like a teardrop?! Is that normal?

2) There is a little mark at the side of the brass bottom too. Could it be from the extractor or is there something wrong?

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Good onya, Fire* :p

The primer smear mark on the primer has been the topic of more than one post. I think its the general consensus that its normal. The little mark at the rim is an LCI mark.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps. Of course, there was a problem with my M357-A1 and it was doubling. I sent it to SAI and they sent it back fixed. The smears are not nearly as pronounced as they were in this pic. If the smears from your M9-A1 are as pronounced as they are in this pic, I would pay attention as to whether or not you have any doubling (2 rounds fire with one pull of the trigger), though I haven't a cluse how the doubling and the primer smear could be related. Anyway, congrats on the new firearm. Merry X-Mas. :p

Wulf

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats.
    My M9 leaves a light smear.

4. nixon

nixon Member

Do you know what year was your m9-A1 built ? You can see a three letter inscription on the right side of the frame for example, A0H. Just wondering if the date of production has something to do with it. My m40-a1 was made in Jan of 06 and it has a light smear starting from the firing pin indentation on the primer going south but nothing as severe as those in the picture.

5. Firecracker

Firecracker New Member

Wolf: My smears aren't as severe as in your pic. And my gun isn't doubling at all. And what the h*** is an LCI mark? :D :oops:

Nixon: That three letter inscription says it's built in March 04.

Good to know that others have these smears and rim marks...and to know that they are normal and I don't have to send my lovely "Fatboy" anywhere. So I think I'm going to take him to range tomorrow :D

6. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

LCI= Loaded chamber indicator (the thing above the firing pin)

7. Firecracker

Firecracker New Member

Of course...LCI...God, I'm stupid! Maybe it's because I'm a woman... :wink:

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"So I think I'm going to take him to range tomorrow "
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Hopefully returning with a range report? 8)

9. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *Cracker :)

I really don't reckon any women choosing to arm herself with an M9-A1 is stupid. <shrug> A bada**, maybe. :wink: I wonder if a list of common abbreviations used in Steyrclub posts could be of use to some of our newer members. <shrug> Just a thought. Anyway, put in heaps of time gettin' familure with your new baby. There are very few pistols in its class as accurate or ergonomically comfortable. If ya get the chance, take it out onna nice day to someplace safe to shoot and just shoot some cans. Start with some close, say 5 to 7 meters away. When you feel confident, shoot from a bit farther away. Target shooting is great, but shootin' cans can be lots of fun. I started my gal out with a Walther P22 and she graduated to a P99 9MM. She loves the cans game. She starts shooting one that she throws out in front of her about 5 meters, in a safe direction, and makes it dance away. It taught her how to track her target when its moving and helps her time her next shot. All it really took was about 3 trips and 300 rounds before she started goin' out to shoot without me, if I wasn't able. Anyway, hava great New Year, Firecracker and be safe. :D

Wulf