New News from the Frontline Holster Company

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by CWILLIAMS, Apr 24, 2007.

1. CWILLIAMS

CWILLIAMS Guest

They offer Kydex holsters and can order with 3 weeks lead time. I ordered one for 43.50 with thumb break. Will let everyone know how it works out in three or four weeks. They are in my hometown of Houston. Go Astros!!! They will also send out a catalog that of course doesn't have prices.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Thanks for checking into it for us! Be sure to post pictures... lots and lots of pictures. 3-4 weeks sure beats Blade-Tech's 5-8+ weeks, and this might be an attractive alternative if quality is on par...

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Some of their leather IWBs look interesting also.

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

Front Line are made in Israel.
    I spoke with the Importer and she was checking into if they made for the A1 series.

5. snort

snort Guest

:?: Do they have a web site?

6. snort

snort Guest

:) Thanks SD, I just bought an Isreali Bul M5 Ultra .45 and had decided the only way I'd get a holster was to make a cast of the pistol. Frontline makes holsters for it :lol: Ill call this morning and order.BTW, this is a very nice little .45 and will make me a great little CC weapon.

7. Thin_Blue_Line

Thin_Blue_Line Guest

Their pistol list just says Steyr, no model numbers listed at all. If they did make them for the M40 A1 it looks like they make a nice level II and III duty holster.

8. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

??????????????????????????

What is PUSH and DRAW ?

9. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

if you go to the bottom of the kydex page on their website, there's a pretty good explanation of it.

where as most kydex holsters are molded so that they grip the front of the trigger guard for the satisfying click, this design has a device that positively latches onto the trigger guard.

to draw, you push down on the gun and use your trigger finger to push in a little button that releases the trigger guard.

advantage? incredible retention for people who will do lots of running/tumbling/fighting while wearing a gun. also, most criminals would be foiled in an attempt to remove the weapon from the holster.

the downside is that you're using your trigger finger to push a button directly over the trigger as you draw the weapon. presumably in a time of distress and when fine motor control is rapidly decreasing as muscles are instinctively tightening.

a very real potential for accidental discharge exists and i've heard anecdotal evidence of this. but we've all heard unsubstantiated anecdotal evidence.

the guy who works at the range loves his and is pretty fast drawing from it.

would be great if everything from frontline were available for the steyr.

10. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

11. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

I asked Front Line if they made a holster specifically for the M9A1 and this is what I got back:

PP