Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by superchunk, Jun 22, 2007.

1. superchunk

superchunk Guest

i've had my m40-a1 about 4 months now,it's a great shooter.i have been loading 155 gr lrn for plinking &180 gr xtp for uber plinking.no problems ever,i love this pistol , are many of y'all hand loaders? i look forward to hanging out with other steyr shooters ... beau

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome to the club!

Did all y'all Gulf Coasters down there get finished building back yet?

I would guess at the minimum those hurricanes prompted you to test your SHTF plans. :mrgreen:

3. superchunk

superchunk Guest

all is well , thanks

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

welcome to the club.

I load for my M40 and M9

5. Dag

Dag Guest

Handloading for the Steyr M40-A1

Hi superchunk

Welcome to Steyr Club. This is a great board, with some phenomonally knowledgeable folks. Don't be afraid to get involved in discussions, or ask for help. And don't miss the tutorials on the club homepage either. Great stuff.

Also, there's a great forum for handloaders: Ammunition and Reloading. Take a look. I've got a couple thousand rounds through my M40-A1, with very few problems. I usually load 180 gr cast lead flat point bullets over 4.7 gr of TiteGroup or 4.8 gr of W231. Mixed brass and whatever primers are locally available. Both are within SAAMI limits, based on manufacturer's load data. I use a Lee AutoDisk, so I don't have full control over charge weight, but, as they say, close enough for Government work! :) I've also used plated bullets, same weight, but I'm not sure there's enough difference to justify the cost. For SD use, it's strictly factory stuff. Currently using Double Tab 165 gr Gold Dots, but have a case of Federal 180 gr HST coming.

Take it easy.

Dag

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Welcome.
    Keep firing away and keep us posted

7. Mr. Apathy is probably are most veteran handloading guru for the Steyr at this website. He pretty much knows every aspect of the ideal handloads for Steyr pistols and if there is a question he can't answer than you can sure that there is no answer.