Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new member here from
Sydney, Australia.
Taking my Steyr Pro Hunter (stainless) .308 to the range for the first time this weekend.
Hoping it lives up to reputation in terms of accuracy.
Planning for use at range and field.
They seem like great value for money at first glance.
Slightly heavier than other rifles in my arsenal, but probably not a bad feature for a 30 cal.
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, please report back on how it goes and good luck
First shots today 😃
I only put a few through, as the rifle is new, and I want to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations as closely as possible.
Once sighted in a put a few more through to see what sort of group I was getting. The result was just under an inch at 100 meters, which I was certainly hoping for, using Federal Premium Gold Medal 168 grain Sierra MatchKing ammo.
I reckon this will continue to improve as it’s cleaned and I put more rounds through.
The rifle itself was like nothing I’d shot before. It felt like a vertical pistol grip, which I’m not complaining about, but will take some getting used to, in comparison to what I’m accustomed to. The length of pull was good, and the solid (slightly heavy) stock absorbed recoil quite well. Bolt felt smooth which was great too. One thing I was exceptionally impressed with, which may seem minor to some, was feeding the magazine. It was the best I’ve experienced, and by far the best in my collection of weaponry!
Overall I was very happy with the maiden voyage!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts