Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening everyone

I actually joined a few months ago after I bought a C9-A2; also my first handgun to own. I've learned TONS from here and youtube and am now an aspiring expert in these firearms ha. I've put ~500 rds through so far without a single hang up and cannot be happier with my decision - other than now i feel like I've been spoiled with the bar set so high. I've also managed to find a set of Trijicon night sights but, I can't decide if i want to take it in and actually get them installed or stick with the Traps. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
221 Posts
Welcome! I struggled with that as well. I like good night sights but the trap sights are pretty awesome so far I’ve stuck with those. Good find on the c9a2. It’s a great pistol

·
Registered
767 Posts
90% of people are used to 3dots or some type of nightsite system then they get the Steyr with the trapezoid sights which causes this problem . I always recommend the people stick with the traps use it for what they are attended to do.
If it helps for some advice Remember advice is free everyone has their opinion..
You say that you bought AC9 which is a compact pistol designed for upclose or just as a defensive pistol I would recommend sticking with the trapezoid sites it may be different if you were shooting an elmotto in competition trying to get some distance but due to the way the pistol is built the organisms and the size of it I do not think you will get much improvement by switching the sites .
I always end up teaching people think of the trapezoids as a big Dot system they are a battlesite designed to cover the target

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes sense. I think it'll also just be more practical to have a light on the front for those low-light situations. I guess I'll just be keeping those Trijicons and maybe at some point buy an A1 model too and put them on there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That makes sense. I think it'll also just be more practical to have a light on the front for those low-light situations. I guess I'll just be keeping those Trijicons and maybe at some point buy an A1 model too and put them on there.
I think that is the best route to go I am going to do the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts