Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been shooting occasionally for several years now, and decided it's time to get myself a gun permit. After reading all the positive reviews and opinions about Steyr pistols, I decided L9-A1 will be my first one. Plus it looks great, there is this 'chemistry' between us.
About a week ago I have purchased my L9 with trapezoidal sights, which was difficult to find because either they are not popular where I live or they're mostly sold out (or both). But waiting two months for the order and 3 hours trip to the shop were well worth it. I love the way it feels in the hand and the overall shooting experience. The only complain I have is that there's not much to grip on the slide.
As you can imagine, I'd love to know more about this pistol. My favorite source so far is Practical Shooter on YouTube - comprehensive, detailed and easy to understand. I'm also glad I have found this forum, where you guys share your own knowledge and experience. I plan to use it, beware ;)
Speaking about it, looks like some of the valuable resources are missing. Links to PDFs don’t work, gallery is empty. Is there a separate repository where these files could be found?
I wish you all a great day, greetings from Poland.
Grzegorz (Effen)

·
Super Moderator
194 Posts
Welcome! Yeah it’s hard to find Steyr’s in stock most places. Really seem to be a specialty item. In the states I only know 3 stores off the top of my head that have them in store often and only one in my state. Steyr doesn’t market much but the aug and the A pistols are somthing pretty special. Robust designs that work well but relatively unknown. I think that’s mostly the companies focus on contract runs for mil/ leo Some of the old info isn’t linked anymore but it should still be around if there is somthing you are looking for let me know. Another good you tube source is Tn steyr. I have a buddy that posts up our 2 gun runs and I typically run the aug and L9. That said TN steyr is here and posts a lot so I’m sure he will be around to say hello soon. Pistols are great and talon makes some grip tape for it that looks good and works well. That should help fix how slick it feels, also the A2 fixes this if you can find one. If you have any questions feel free th throw them up and someone tends to chime in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! Yeah it’s hard to find Steyr’s in stock most places. Really seem to be a specialty item. In the states I only know 3 stores off the top of my head that have them in store often and only one in my state. Steyr doesn’t market much but the aug and the A pistols are somthing pretty special. Robust designs that work well but relatively unknown. I think that’s mostly the companies focus on contract runs for mil/ leo Some of the old info isn’t linked anymore but it should still be around if there is somthing you are looking for let me know. Another good you tube source is Tn steyr. I have a buddy that posts up our 2 gun runs and I typically run the aug and L9. That said TN steyr is here and posts a lot so I’m sure he will be around to say hello soon. Pistols are great and talon makes some grip tape for it that looks good and works well. That should help fix how slick it feels, also the A2 fixes this if you can find one. If you have any questions feel free th throw them up and someone tends to chime in
Thanks Zudrick & silentheart for a warm welcome.
Here in Poland they are relatively easy to find if you are OK with 3-dot sights (the challenge is in finding trapezoidal). And in comparison to A1, there's abundance of A2's. However I happen to like the A1 better. The reset is mild but tactile, while in A2 I couldn't feel it at all. The grip is also nice although not as aggressive as in the new model. Speaking of which, it looks like Talon Grips are still not very popular here. They are available mostly for Glocks, and it doesn't surprise me. I knew what I was getting into when buying Steyr ;). One of the things I came across here was a thread about grip tape template, but it's from 2005 when Talon Grips didn't yet exist, nor third generation of Steyr's. I guess I'll have to put Talon Grips on my list of things to be ordered overseas.
There was also an interesting thread on disassembly/assembly of various parts or the whole pistol, but again, links are inactive since long ago. Thankfully there are other sources like TnSteyr mentioned by you. I enjoy his videos a lot. And I didn't know he's on this forum.
Yesterday I read about stocks for the Steyr pistols. Peculiar item. I know that A1s were designed to employ one, but were they actually designed by Bubits for the 3rd gen pistols? I have seen only mentions and pictures of IGB Austria, but I'm not sure if that is Bubits or IGB proprietary design.

·
Registered
738 Posts
The stock's for the A1 pistols were strictly done as a shot show gimmick there were only about 5 of them released into the wild . I believe IGB sold one that was for Glock/steyr but I have never seen one in person.
Congratulations on the New Steyr .

Tnsteyr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock's for the A1 pistols were strictly done as a shot show gimmick there were only about 5 of them released into the wild . I believe IGB sold one that was for Glock/steyr but I have never seen one in person.
Congratulations on the New Steyr .

Tnsteyr
Thanks for joining the thread, Case. I like the look of your Steyr.
Only 5, you say? Now that's a 'white crow' as we call it here.
If only someone would like to design such stock to fit the A1. Most probably it could be simply 3d printed. Not necessarily a pretty one, like the one Mr Bubits designed for Glock, but a working piece... That would be a blast! Don't tell me you wouldn't want to try one yourself :LOL:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts