Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a C9-A1. Decided it was time for a 9mm. Tried range rentals for XD, and Sig 226 and 229. Son has a Glock. Decided on the Steyr. This fit great. Like the strange sights. They work well with older eyes. Not new to shooting or handguns, but new to Steyr. Unfortunately, the trigger wouldn't reset consistently. Went back to factory. Anxiously waiting its return.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you get intermittent super-heavy trigger pulls? That's usually when it won't return to battery all the way. Mine cleared up after a couple hundred rounds when the gun broke in.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to the SteyrClub Chief!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. Very light, just not engaged. Had owner of the range (and Syeyr owner) check it out. Seeing as I had just bought it there the day before, they sent it off. Hopefully back this week. I miss it.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya Chief* :)

Welcome ta the Club, Bro. :thumbsup:

Sorry for your OTB glitch with your new C9-A1. *sigh*

Hey, do ur Club Bro's and I a favor an' plz post the particulars of the factory assessment, i.e. what parts were replaced, if any, an' any other comments listed on the return invoice from SAI explainin' the problem and the fix. Heck, post a scan if you are so inclined. <shrug>

Oh, ya may hafta remind your sender-backer ta keep the paperwork returned with the pistol. <shrug>

Also, plz post your results of its performance, once you have the opportunity to give 'er a go again.

Thanks, Bro! :thumbsup:

Wulf <-- wishin' for a speedy return o' Chief*'s C9-A1 back to 'im along with an' explanation of the trigger reset problem factory fix :popcorn:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Following up with problem post: Have my C9-A1 back. They replaced a "catch spring" and commented that "pistol was very overlubricated." Interesting since I only had it overnight and only field stripped it to remove any over lubrication before actually shooting it. I didn't add any lubrication. Will take it to the range in a couple of days. We'll see how it goes. Not sure where that "catch spring" was as I don't have a detailed parts blow-up.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
Interesting since I only had it overnight and only field stripped it to remove any over lubrication before actually shooting it. I didn't add any lubrication.
That is interesting, considering these pistols generally do not come lubricated at all. There is usually a protective coat of sticky goop; the first step before hitting the range is usually to give the pistol a thorough clean/lube to remove this stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts