New member - New Steyr.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Glock_Holiday, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Glock_Holiday

Glock_Holiday Guest

Ordered a M9-A1 from CDNN. I just got it in today. As you might be able to tell by my user name, I am a die hard Glock guy. I own 5 in different flavors. But there is just something about this Steyr M9-A1. I handled an older M9 at a gun store a couple years ago and thought they were pretty cool, but they were pretty proud of it (price) for what it was. I always thought if I found a good deal on one I would jump on it. Then I started seeing the A1 models and wanted one even more. Then.... I get my new copy of the CDNN catalog and there it is. The M-A1 pistols for $349.00. Well that was it nothing else to think about except what transfer FFL to use. A couple quick phone calls and it's on it's way. Went ahead and bought a 3rd magazine for it and a couple for the wifes XD-9.... Don't ask.... 4 days later it's sitting in the safe. Upon inspection it looks perfect. The fit and finish is better that I remembered on the original M-9's. I'll be taking it out Monday or Tuesday to try it out. Range report and pics to follow.
    Anybody make nite sights for them? They look like a standard dovetail. Do any other manufactures sights fit them? H&K, Sig, etc?

Have a good one,
    GH

Here's a pic of it with the other 9mm's in the collection. I see a comparative test between the Glock 19, XD-9 service and the M9-A1 comming in the near future. 8)

[​IMG]

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya G*H :)

U gonna love it! PT Night Sights makes some after market night sights that are popular among the SC members. Welcome aboard and don't forget your RR. Hava great weekend. :p

Wulf

3. amonkey

amonkey New Member

Welcome to the club, G.H. :!:
    Make sure you post an After Action to your range visit with your new baby...
    Love to hear your thoughts 8)

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Hi G_H!
    Nice to see you come over from the other board.[​IMG]

5. Welcome aboard.

Obviously you have a taste for fine Austrian firearms. :D

The Steyr MA1 is a beautiful firearm that many of us enjoy...after all it was a former Glock contributor who designed the original M.

Enjoy its natural point, ergonomics, and light recoil.

6. Glock_Holiday

Glock_Holiday Guest

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be sure to post a range report with pics and a comparative to the Glock.

BulletBait, which other board are you refering to? AZS, ARFCOM or Glocktalk? I don't recognize your user name.

GH

7. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

All three :wink:
    But mostly ARFCOM
    <<<<<<<Same avatar

8. Glock_Holiday

Glock_Holiday Guest

Gotcha, just saw a post of yours over there. :D

GH

9. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Another welcome...

...and I hope you will be as pleasantly surprised with the experience of actually shooting your Steyr as you are with just handling it. Because for me, that's where it really shines, particularly compared to the Glocks I've known (and respect - no bashing here!)

Good to have you aboard!

10. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

welcome to the world of the best ergonomic handgun on the planet imho. :D

11. Glock_Holiday

Glock_Holiday Guest

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I updated the original post with a pic of it with it's new family..... :wink:

GH

12. srfl

srfl Guest

Welcome to the forum....nice collection you have there.

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Greetings.
    I see you are a Steyr/Glock Austriaholic like myself