new member/M40-A1 owner signing in.....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by romakdaddy, Apr 12, 2007.

1. romakdaddy

romakdaddy Guest

ordered my CDNN m40a1 the other day,stil waiting on delivery(any day now) cant wait to try it since ive been a full sized 9mm owner for years.found this site when shopping around and decided to join when i chose the steyr.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Good call - you won't be disappointed. Welcome to the club!

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Give us a report when you get it to the range.
    Congrats.

4. romakdaddy

romakdaddy Guest

got it today!! first impression is this is a well balanced and lightweight handgun.i cant wait till tomorow and see how the .40 cal recoil is.takedown is as simple as my taurus i sold to get this gun.

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Complete disassembly isn't much harder than the takedown, either. There are tutorials on the site should you feel brave one day and want to detail clean the pistol. :)

6. romakdaddy

romakdaddy Guest

well looks like range day has turned into rain day.im still taking it to the meeting today,perhaps a break in the weather will allow a few shots to ring forth into the soggy berm...lol

7. romakdaddy

romakdaddy Guest

back from the meeting and the weather cleared up....well kinda.the sun came out and birds chirped,5 min later the wind started blowing 500 mph.i managed to get 100 rounds downrange before my targets started returning to the bench by themselves...lol.trigger pull is real nice but recoil causes it to dig into my finger,not painful but not too comfy(guess ill have to get used to it) taurus trigger has me spoiled i guess.if i was able to hit the broad side of a barn at 2 feet i would say it was an accurate pistol but truthfully........i suck and need to get in more range time.the recoil was nice since im used to 9mm i was expecting it to be worse.overall i really like this gun and shall keep it.

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"..trigger pull is real nice but recoil causes it to dig into my finger.."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You might want to scrutinize your grip mechanics because I have not heard of that happening with a Steyr.

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Check out the thread "GRIP DESCRIPTION " posted by *IDPA STEYR*

https://steyrclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=778

I didn't even know how to hold a pistol correctly with both hands and this helped me a lot with my M357-A1.

The way I learned to shoot a 1911 .45 in the Navy was one-handed, standing sideway to the target. Works OK with a 1911, but it's not worth a hoot for real accuracy. As they used to say in Uncle Sam's outfit, there's the right way, the wrong way and then there's the Navy way.