Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Coming across this forum is a gold mine! :) I have recently acquired a Steyr M9A1, date code Z0F (June 2004 i think). The previous owner shaved off the chamber indicator to get rid of the FTE's. Is this true at all? :)

Thank you guys for accepting my registration!

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to the SteyrClub!

The chamber indicator was responsible for drag marks on the end of the shell casings. It contributed to problems in some cases. I rounded off mine as did a lot of others. The real solution to the ejection/extraction problem was provided by two things: first, the new extractor design from Steyr, second, the insertion of a second spring inside the extractor plunger spring. This spring was made by cutting off a 1911 stop/safety spring to the same length or a little shorter than the original extractor spring. The whole operation can take about 15 min on the kitchen table. We all recommend that you do the re-insertion with everything in a clear kitchen bag to avoid possible flying parts. There are tutorials in the Maintenance section of the Forums.

Enjoy your weapon!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi! Coming across this forum is a gold mine! :) I have recently acquired a Steyr M9A1, date code Z0F (June 2004 i think). The previous owner shaved off the chamber indicator to get rid of the FTE's. Is this true at all? :)

Thank you guys for accepting my registration!
:thumbsup: You are in a great spot for fans of and for learning about Steyr. Welcome! Glad you found the 'Club.

Dax

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lots of new members lately. really nice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts