New member here

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by pjpike, Aug 21, 2012.

1. pjpike

pjpike New Member

Hi! Coming across this forum is a gold mine! :) I have recently acquired a Steyr M9A1, date code Z0F (June 2004 i think). The previous owner shaved off the chamber indicator to get rid of the FTE's. Is this true at all? :)

Thank you guys for accepting my registration!

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub!

The chamber indicator was responsible for drag marks on the end of the shell casings. It contributed to problems in some cases. I rounded off mine as did a lot of others. The real solution to the ejection/extraction problem was provided by two things: first, the new extractor design from Steyr, second, the insertion of a second spring inside the extractor plunger spring. This spring was made by cutting off a 1911 stop/safety spring to the same length or a little shorter than the original extractor spring. The whole operation can take about 15 min on the kitchen table. We all recommend that you do the re-insertion with everything in a clear kitchen bag to avoid possible flying parts. There are tutorials in the Maintenance section of the Forums.

Enjoy your weapon!

3. cleveland

cleveland New Member

Welcome to Steyr Club!

4. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

5. Dax

Dax New Member

:thumbsup: You are in a great spot for fans of and for learning about Steyr. Welcome! Glad you found the 'Club.

Dax

6. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Lots of new members lately. really nice!

7. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Welcome to Steyrclub!