New Member here!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by faol, Jul 27, 2007.

1. faol

faol New Member

I just purchased a new MA1-40 from CDNN. IMHO, it looks to be an "enhanced" version of what a GLock should be. I used to have an older M40; but was stupid and traded it in on a G23!!! :cry: I'm looking forward to this one as I hated the G23 (my issue piece). I plan on carrying this as my off duty weapon; loaded with SXT 180gr. Does anyone have any familiarity with how this combo would work? Any holster suggestions that won't break my wallet???

2. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Hey there,
    Make your own holster! about 30 bucks can get you done. easy as pie. Check the holster forum :)

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Depends on how fragile your wallet is... I really like my Blade-Tech UCH. High Noon makes some lower priced glove leather models if that's what your interested in. One of our new members just posted a great how-to on making your own kydex models that we stickied in the Holster section. Check out the Ammunition forum's Good, Bad, and Ugly thread to see other reviews of different weapon/ammo combinations. I've never had any trouble with Ranger stuff, but I shoot the M9A1.

Welcome aboard! :)

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Welcome back to the fold Prodigal Son.
    My default ammo choices are Winchester Ranger T and Speer Gold Dot (usually in the heaviest weights for the caliber).

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya faol :)

Welcome ta The Club :)

Wulf

6. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

7. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

my exerience in the s40 has been pretty dismal with 180 grainers. function is fine, but accuracy is the pits.

mine likes 165 much better. but give your preferred ammo a shot. you may have better luck.

8. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

My old M40 loves WWB 165 grainers. Only FTF are light strikes from people not slamming the slide. And its more accurate than I am.

9. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I thinking you must be detective grade, so the normal retention holster is not necesary. Remember to give it a good break-in period if its going to be a duty gun.........welcome back. Think about trading that barrel out to 357sig.......... :wink:

10. madecov

madecov Active Member

hey Foal, I carry my M40A1 as an off duty gun as well. I am also authorized to carry it on duty. Duty holsters are problematic at best, off duty holsters are easy to find.

K&D
    [​IMG]
    Blade Tech
    [​IMG]
    Comp-Tac (custom)
    [​IMG]
    Hoffner
    [​IMG]
    Blue Line
    [​IMG]

11. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member