New Member Here From Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by SteveB89052, Sep 30, 2020.

1. SteveB89052

SteveB89052 New Member

Hi All,
    Have been reading the conversations for awhile on this forum but haven't had anything to offer.
    Just recently purchased a M40-A1 and a S9-A1. Love them both but it was not an easy acquisition. Did a lot of online searching before I was lucky.
    Anybody here on the forum had any contact with Steyr to find out what is with the marketing and production of these fine handguns?

Case likes this.
  2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Welcome
    An yes . Lol.
    Tnsteyr

Detonics likes this.

3. Zudrick

Zudrick Member

My understanding is steyr production follows contracts and overflow typically goes to civilian market. The priority is government or private contracts and when those aren’t taking everything we get guns and parts. Steyr USA seems to do well but it doesn’t seem like it’s easy to work there. Seems like they get very little to work with. I mean that in a Financial and informational sense. Everyone says steyr sucks at marketing these pistols which is true but the market is not a priority for them and the market is saturated is polymer striker fired pistols. I hope steyr USA gets more autonomy and becomes a priority, but that just doesn’t seem to be in the cards currently.

4. Detonics

Detonics New Member

Welcome to the forum