New MA1 accessories on Steyr site

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Netfotoj, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I was clicking links on the Steyr-Mannlicher site and found some new accessories have been added. I think there are new, at least I've never seen them before and read nothing about them here. I do believe Steyr is listening.

If you go to the site and click on the images, you get larger images. See: http://www.steyr-arms.at/index.php?id=88&L=1

There's a duty/tactical holster of Cordura:

[​IMG]

Tritium night sights:

[​IMG]

.40 S&W conversion kit, complete with slide:

[​IMG]

Laser aiming equipment with flash light support:

[​IMG]

And a pistol cleaning kit:

[​IMG]

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *foto* :)

Hey, did ya find a way to view the scope mounting hardware for the Steyr rifles? I haven't been able to fig'r that out yet! :shock:

Wulf

3. mikey

mikey Guest

Welcome news indeed! :D As you say, I guess they're finally listening! Along with the news that the "Steyr Rifles in Iraq" story was (apparently) a hoax, it's a good omen for the future.

I kind of dig that minimalist concealment holster they're showing. No "Suggested Retail Prices," though. - bummer.

Also a bummer that nobody's ever quite figured out how to make tritium night sights in the Steyr trapezoidal format. I think it might be the best of both worlds (day AND night).

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

They seriously need to put some prices up there - might as well not waive it in front of our collective faces unless buying is a real option. The tritium sights have always been available and the weapon light is obviously a M6(X). The duty holster should go a long way for some of our members, and I'm really digging the conversion kit...

5. smores

smores Guest

Oh man............. a .40 conversion kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just after I decided to get an M40-A1 and not buy the M9-A1 at my local shop............................. Hmm..... Maybe they'll put up a 9mm conversion kit...

*crosses fingers*

6. zero

zero New Member

so , we can now convert an ma9-1 to ma40 or we still need an ma357 for the conversion?
    thanks

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya zero :)

No. <shrug> That ain't gonna happen without a slide switch, too. :roll: I'm not 100% sure, but I think ya can get an IGB barrel that converts an M/S 40SW/357 SIG to a 9MM, but ya can't convert an M/S 9MM to an M/S 40SW/357 SIG, cause of the hole in the slide for the barrel. The 9MM IGB barrels have a larger OD to accommodate that barrel hole in the slide feature. <shrug> Course, I could be wrong. :shock: Will one of my Steyrclub brethren please fill me in if I am wrong. :roll: Anyway, hava good Sunday. :)

Wulf

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ummmm - someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the conversion kit included the slide...

I'm sure it will be almost as expensive as a new pistol. But hey - if you want it bad enough, it's only money after all. :)

9. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

Sorry to be a bubble burster, but they've been there for some time! In fact I showd that to the sales person at the gun store when I bought my M357-A1, telling him I want this, and this, and this! To find out that's only for Steyr owners in Europe, or at least not avail for Us in The States.

It's been there since at least November if not much longer(2004): http://www.steyr-arms.at/index.php?id=88
    _______
    mugdava

10. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Mug* :)

Yep, its true. <shrug> That's a cool site, but ya gotta toggle on the "English switch" to know what they they can get in Europe that we can't get in the States. :cry: Mostly shirts an shit, tho. <shrug> But, some o' those lady g-strings with the tri-trap symbol in the front would be really neato...in cotton...powder blue...blueberry flavored...uhh.... Sorry. :oops: Sometimes I get a bit carried away with g-strings. :roll: I'm kinda expectin' an SAI website update following the Steyr negotiations, tho. We'll send in *flyer to nail 'em down to an exact time table in the next day or two. <grinnin'> (J/K, *flyer. :) ) Hey, do we have any sh*thot magic master webpage buildin' Club members that wanna work on the new SAI online accessories update page? :p I can think o' all kinds a kewl stuff I want for my M's and S's! :p :idea: Yeah, hey, all we gotta do is HTML the shit outta the website with all the stuff we want, put it in our basket, go thru the checkout, give 'em our special Steyrclub 50% off discount and free shippin' order code, swap 'em some plastic and wait for the UPS Dude! :p Fu*kin' A right, Baby! :p That's what I'm talkin' bout! :p Why the -Hell- didn't I think of that before??? :shock:

Wulf <-- can be such an idiot :roll:

11. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Great thinkin' WULF!!!!

I want to get some of those Tri-Trap G strings for my woman as well.....

Im ready to do business... just waitin on them

12. samue23

samue23 Member

I contacted Jack (Riddle) shortly after finding it last year and I was told none of it is available in US. Hopefully that will change with the "BIG" announcement due from STEYR. I for one would love to have the official cleaning kit.

13. Holster is kind of blah.

I have the Steyr Factory night sights on my M40 and they've held up really well.