New M9A1 Owner....

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Guest, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I had been looking for a new 9mm now for about a month. I thought about a Glock, but it just didn't excite me. Shocker, I know. I've always loved the M9 and today at the gun show, I traded one of my XD45's for a NIB M9.

I love it.

So, where are the best places for holsters, mags and other Steyr stuff?

Pics to follow.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Holsters are available from a slew of manufacturers - we have a whole part of the forum dedicated to it, which includes a sticky on the most common makers. I really like my Blade-Tech UCH, FWIW. Mags can be had from CDNN, OnPoint, and a many other online retailers. A simple search should yield many results. There is not a lot of aftermarket support for our pistols, but that doesn't mean you can't do quite a bit to them (see my signature 8)). I HIGHLY recommend one of BigTaco's black oxide captured stainless guide rods - it adds an even better balance to the pistol and just oozes with quality. IGB is the place to go to for most exotic stuff (barrels, compensators, top side rails, etc...).

You have a fine pistol - be sure to post a range result and let us know how you like it!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks! Yeah, I saw there was a forum for accessories, but it is my first post, I get to be a little bit of a n00b.

I'm not too worried about the after market stuff, as long as I can pick up a few spare parts if need be I'm squared away. Just from dry firing and working on mag swaps today for a short period, I see it getting the nod over my XDs soon.

Syntax, I've drooled over your gun for quite some time now.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Haha - thanks! I'm quite proud of it 8). Spare parts are going to be a problem - Steyr Arms, Inc. will not currently sell them to us consumers. You might be able to get some if you contact Steyr-Mannlicher Austria direct, but I wouldn't swear by it. The first step would probably be to pick up the phone and call SAI and see if you can't coax them into letting you have whatever parts you desire first, though I wouldn't rate your chances very high :oops:. We all hope this will change soon...

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome to the club, jetsiphon. I see you've been lurking around for a couple of years almost, but finally took the plunge to get a pistol. I feel sure you'll love it right out of the box and may well need to add nothing, just enjoy.

I've had my M357-A1 since December 2006 and all I'd added to it is a Hogue Handall grip until July when on a trip to Pittsburgh I got BigTaco to do his trigger magic and install one of his captured-spring black guide rods. Only reason I did that was because I was going to be there on vacation and figured why not? I was happy with my stock Steyr, but I'm even happier with it now with the new guide rod and smoother trigger.

IMHO there are few if any manufacturers making a pistol as good as a Steyr NIB with no modifications needed. :mrgreen:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I've been eyein' 'em for a while now. I'm not even that worried about parts really, it'd just be nice if need be.

Just in case you guys forgot what they looked like, here's mine....

[​IMG]

And here it is with the other 9's....

[​IMG]

I've looked at the guide rods and that will proally be the first purchase after a new holster and a couple more mags.

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Welcome.
    I think you will like it more than the Springers.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks guys. 8)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, my buddy Justin and I put 500 rounds through 'er tonight. I've probably come close to doing 250 dry fire drills since I brought 'er home, so she was already a little big looser than before.

I read some threads about buying good ammo to put through for the first few hundred rounds. I figured, I'll just go ahead and use trash ammo and see what happens. 300 rounds of Independence, 100 rounds of Blazer and 100 rounds of some company's reloads. I had 2 FTEs around 400 or so. That's OK with me.

After all the trash was gone, I put through a box of 125 gr Corbon and a box of 124 gr Gold Dots. No problem what so ever. If it'll cycle good ammo after having all the crap ammo put through it, I'm really OK with that.

At 35', 20 round groups were about 4.5". At 10', 20 round groups were 3". At 7', 20 round groups were less than 2".

Great gun. I'll make sure to take pics next trip to the range.

10. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

by "crap" ammo, were referring to Wolf, off brand reloads and gunshow mystery reloads.

independence, wwb, blaser, pmc and the like all run great except umc. no need to run $1 a round carry ammo at a range, unless you're really upset with your wallet.

glad you like it. a good cleaning and she'll be running flawlessly.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

BT - All the Independence I've ever shot has been super dirty, so I figured it'd fit that category. I just wanted to run some of the HPs through to make sure it'd cycle.

What's the deal with the UMC anyway?

12. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

umc has a little different rim profile. the steyr extractor doesn't like it.

i like independence ammo. never noticed it to be dirty, but i did notice that it's very accurate... especially in the s40.

13. B.O.P.E.

B.O.P.E. Guest

today a received my new S9A1....

...so searching in the web i found this very good forum, im from Uruguay and im interested to know about holsters for my new baby
    Thanks in advance

14. Vauxurellius

Vauxurellius Guest

Re: today a received my new S9A1....

Holy resurection batman. :)

If you are looking for holsters for the Steyr pistols you can try here.
    https://www.steyrclub.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=26