New M9A1 from Houston Gunshow

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Briley9, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Briley9

Briley9 Guest

Update from last week's new member check in...

Couple drops of Mobile1 and put another 200 rounds thru her this weekend - CCI Brass. Flawless so far. 1700 more to go before it becomes my HD/SD semi. At 10 yards, it's now POA = POI, am getting better with the trp sights.

Q: For those who uses a Hogue Grip Sleeve, does it provide better control and help reduce felt recoil? Also, how's the fit on the slim MA1 grip?

Q: How many rounds before the trigger gets a little smoother? Feels like ~3lb takeup and ~6lbs break...

Thx,
    B9

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Welcome! This thread should help answer some of your questions regarding the slip-on grips. For me, it hasn't so much reduced felt recoil as allow me to to not have to adjust my grip every few rounds (especially after shooting for awhile). Plus, I always felt like the grip was a bit too thin and needed a bit more girth.

I would expect the trigger to smooth out somewhere around a thousand rounds into it, but you can expedite the process if you wish by following BigTaco's Trigger Tune-Up Tutorial. I sent mine in to the man himself for the work and it definitely made a good thing even better. 8)