New M9 owner-Bucks County, Pa.

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by melt215, May 31, 2013.

1. melt215

melt215 New Member

Hello All,

Checking in from Bucks County, Pa. Just picked up a new, M9..can't wait to get to Wicen's Shooting Range.

I've been overwhelmed by the conflicting information regarding the pro's and con's of this firearm.

So, what's the bottom line? What should I look for first if issues arise? I've read about replacing the extractor and spring/plunger because of the fte problems. If it does become a problem, where can I find the replacement parts?

Lastly, ammo? Any suggestions about what works best? What about +P?

Thanks in advance!!

Melt

2. photog22740

photog22740 Member

Hi Melt,

If you have the newest version, i don't think you will have extractor issues as i understand the new ones have the better one installed. If you do have an older model and have problems, tho, i hear that Steyr Arms will ship you the newer extractor i think free. As far as ammo, the only problem i've had is with S&B FMJ. My C9-A1 does not like it, but my M40-A1 eats it just fine. Everything else has fed just fine. Hope you enjoy it!

3. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Welcome to the club.

4. jhb

jhb Member

From what I've read here the 9mm version was designed to shoot 124gr. +p.

If yours is the newest version the extractor, as said already, should be good to go. If ya' run into any problems besides break in stuff, send 'er back to jeff at sai...he'll make it right.

Enjoy your m9, awesome gun and welcome to the club.

5. jdrobone

jdrobone New Member

Agree with the 124gr preference. Works better in my Nano as well.

6. shiroyu

shiroyu Member

Just sya no to Remmingotn Umc green box. My gf's 9mm eats it but my .40 does not neither does my stg 556 just a word of warning. I thought I had a bad extractor but I have never had a problem with any other AMMO maybe it was a break in and btw nice to have someone in SC a little closer than 500 miles away from the northeast