New M9-A1 model?

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Teruteru314, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Teruteru314

Teruteru314 New Member

Hi all out there. I'm not really new to this forum, up to now I was just lurking.

And enjoyed all the BT's tutorials and info, so as to have already done almost all mods to my 2 months old M9-A1.

But yesterday I went to the Steyr representative shop (in Montevideo, Uruguay) to ask for a replacement striker spring, just in case I ruined the original one. They told me the springs they currently have were for servicing possible faults, not for sale.

But suddenly the guy asked me
    "... have you seen the new M9-A1 model? ..."
    "Which new model?"
    "The one with a bearing in the slider ..."
    "The what ?? "

So he showed me the new ball bearing, cased on top of the slider, just under the sight, supporting the striker upwards force when you press the trigger.

The sweetness and lack of friction of the trigger, still weighting about 4 lbs, is astounding.

But more strange is he told me that such model appeared about 3 months ago ... and nobody here said still anything about it! Also not a single word in Steyr web.

Any comments?

2. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

all of the new Imports into the united states have this feature...
    it does improve the feel of the trigger quite well... all the work ive done to mine, and this new roller model is just as good out of the box...

3. Teruteru314

Teruteru314 New Member

I've just read about the new roller in Steyr web!

It's mentioned as the new system for C9-A1 model HERE.

4. khoff

khoff New Member

my three m9s[two a1 models] do not have the new pin in the slide, however i do not see how the trigger pulls could be anymore better than what they are now. and i most certainly do not want them any lighter. my triggers are allready perfect. 3 to 4 lbs. perfect.

5. Teruteru314

Teruteru314 New Member

I understand Khoff that you may be very happy with your 3 pistol triggers.

But do you really think that Steyr, after selling thousands of their M and S models, both in 9 and .40, have now complicated (with correspondng increase of costs) their manufacturing process, adding several operations to embed a ball bearing and its axel pin, just for the fun of it?

Additionally, have you seen the BT's tutorials about making a better trigger feel, and possible solutions to the problem? And all that has been said and discussed about this problem in the forum?

Good for you your triggers are so good; mine still feels "grainy" (not heavy) after polishing all possible friction surfaces, and tested several different lubrication techniques.

May be my fingers are too much sensible ...