New M40-A1 owner

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by TxSoldier, Nov 8, 2017.

1. schgsd

schgsd Active Member

One way or another you'll get fixed.

2. TxSoldier

TxSoldier New Member

Well he emailed me back this morning. Basically he said that little black plastic piece on the one end of the mag release spring has to be perfectly in it's spot or it'll bulge. He told me I have to get that out and ensure that the black piece is properly inserted back in it's place. I dunno how but I finally got it out, and everything went flying. I'm considering buying one of those reduced power magazine release springs from Ranger Point Precision and using that instead. If that doesn't do it, I guess I'll sell it. I'm not going to spend a lot of money on it.

3. silentheart

silentheart Member

Or just cut 2 rings off the current spring. One at time please.

TxSoldier likes this.
  4. TxSoldier

TxSoldier New Member

I'd be willing to try that. Why do you say one at a time? Does it not always take 2 rings being cut to make it better?

5. silentheart

silentheart Member

Cut one ring off. Check if the mag drop free and click in ok. If mag is secure and not drop free, cut 2nd ring off. Better be safe than sorry.

SurfGent and TxSoldier like this.
  6. TxSoldier

TxSoldier New Member

I tried what you said, starting with just one ring/coil. The spring still rubs on the mag, as you can feel the resistance when you start to slide it in, but it's not horrible, as I tend to slam a mag home anyways. BUT, now when I hit the mag release, the empty magazine falls free on it's own!! I appreciate all of you and your willingness to share your knowledge to help me out. Now I'm looking forward to getting it to the range to see what it can do and how I like it.

b_minus, SurfGent and silentheart like this.
  7. silentheart

silentheart Member

Please show your target after your range trip.

TxSoldier and SurfGent like this.
  8. schgsd

schgsd Active Member

Well from here it looks like you got a tail light out on a brand new beemer. Shame to just send it back to the dealership and lose out on that fine ride.

9. TxSoldier

TxSoldier New Member

I'll try to, it may be a few weeks until I have any free time to get to the range....not sure yet.